No Noise limit track days?

Quite right too !!!

How can you buy a house next to an in use race track that has been there for years and then try to shut it because you dont like it.

And the house was presumably priced accordingly

There is another such case going on as well . Lts hope this becomes a precedence .

The judgement makes a whole lot of sense to me. The sad thing is that these people have probably lost their home now to pay the legal costs!

+1.
The locals have been trying to shut Mallory Park down for years as well.

Quite right too !!!

How can you buy a house next to an in use race track that has been there for years and then try to shut it because you dont like it.

And the house was presumably priced accordingly

There is another such case going on as well . Lts hope this becomes a precedence .

They are quite good at Cadwell.
It shouldn't matter that much there as it's quite away from anywhere.
What was the noise restricted to can you remember?
Can't imagine any track day/road car could be as loud as the Vintage machines that I marshal for and they get on circuit. :blink:

It was 105 db on the day TN, if my exhaust system had not been made by Simpson Race Exhaust who this chap knows and loves, I might well have spent the entire day watching the track day from the canteen eating big burgers and chips along with a diet coke! :embarrest:

So yours was 109db static at 3/4 revs!? That's pretty damned loud tbh, the RS is only 93db but not sure it'd pass a drive-by as it's loud on boost.

So yours was 109db static at 3/4 revs!? That's pretty damned loud tbh, the RS is only 93db but not sure it'd pass a drive-by as it's loud on boost.

The old girl does set off car alarms in the NCP car park which has a silly boyish effect on me :embarrest: but I love it :)

The judgement makes a whole lot of sense to me. The sad thing is that these people have probably lost their home now to pay the legal costs!

Sorry but they should of thought of that before they purchased the property . It is difficult to miss something the size of a racetrack !

My main point is that the house would have definately been a lot cheaper because of the track.

So what they have done is to buy something cheap and then try to get rid of the cause even though it had been there for years.Had they managed this they would have made some serious money.

They took out the action and even when told they had no case they appealed against the courts first decision (probably more than once)
After all it takes more than one court hearing to run up those costs

In my book they new full well what they were doing so I cant feel at all sad They should have thought of that before they appealed
What would have been sad is if they had won.

I agree with both of you and I don't have much sympathy for these people. They knew the risks, I was just saying it was a sad result for them that they have probably lost everything because they wanted to prove a point. To me it is sad when people don't know when to stop or let things go.

ive actualy been on a track day at kemble.with launch motorsport. and enviromental health came down with tje microphones. and shut it down.not a happy bunny. it wasnt even lunch time. as has been said. why buy the house in the first place? ???

"indeed basic common sense"

Why do most people seem to be lacking this!? Even for a fireman, who has to be aware constantly, and use common sense. Good.. I hope they go bankrupt, stupid t****.