No Growl

shadow1962

Wrench Pro
Car
Insignia 2.0CDTI
Fitted an irmscher 4 way multiplexer back box kit expected a bit of growl but none is there anything i can do the four pipes look great insignia CDTI

From my understanding it is difficult to get a growl from an oil burner :sad2:

You could take the car back to the exhaust centre and ask for the rear backboxes to be opened up and to have some of the packing removed.

Possible, but be prepared for having to take it one step further. If the exhaust people have any skills at all they can open the box from the top do the work and refit it, no one will see any remedial work done to the system.

For future reference, make sure you are clear with the kind of sound that you want from the exhaust system at the time of installation ;)

Never really thought about the sound when i was buying it through LMF Vauxhall but looked the part with the 4 tail pipes was shipped from Irmscher Germany liked it because it was a direct fit well after cutting through the middle pipe and near chopping my thumb off hospital sorted that though.

I like the idea of noise reduction. The CDTi engines are Fiat/Alfa derived and blessed with plenty of torque. Enjoy that instead.

Remap it and the 150bhp units will go to sillly torque levels - well over 300lbft

Re Map

Hi HDI thanks fitted a chip tuning module few months back was well impressed but im sure a lot more can be squeezed out this engine was thinking about a new turbo & induction kit any ideas ? :lol:

The new turbo I can understand but I don't think there is anything to gain from an induction kit on your car, HDi will know best here.

As for a turbo charger upgrade I have no idea.

But I would remove the tuning module ASAP. A proper ECu remap is far far safer and will give you more torque and a smoother drive.

Plug in 'boxes' to my mind come in two varieties. 1. Useless and harmless. 2. Mostly useless and very very damaging to the engine and emission controls.

Get ir mapped - you'll been blown away by the results

I wondered if i was doing the right thing fitting the module but the guy said it would be fine and increase the power/torque/& fuel economy into the bargain sounded to good to be true will defo see about re-mapping now thanks for the advice.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back