Nissan Sunny

Tonee4130

Hi, I have a 1.6 SR 16v Sunny... I love it too bits but then again I HATE it!!! I can't find anything to do too it, not even a proper exhaust system :(

For me too tune this up am I just going too do all custom work? If so/not can anyone point me inthe right direction :(

Cheers!

Welcome to Torquecars. Know exactly what you mean - the car is reasonably nippy and handles Ok but there are not many off the shelf tuning parts. You could try fitting a cherry bomb exhaust back box. It may also be worth adapting an induction kit to fit as well - There are some generic fit all brands out there. For big power NoS is easy to add to any car but to be brutally honest you are better off saving the money for your next car and then modding that as any mods you do will not really give anything more than a little added fun - certainly a negligable power increase.

Wayne was that a general remark towards smaller sized engines or rather aimed at the fact that mods are hard to comeby?

There must be some Nissan Sunny forums around?

Bugger, I have myself a nice Jap slash cut exhaust already on, sounds nice, looks nice - wasn't that hard too put on, got a welder and all that stuff...

As for sunny forums :( I can't find anything, gti-r only as far as I can see (I can't even find GTi ones!)

I was going too be saving up for a 200sx s14, but I'm wanting too go too Uni in 2007 and I doubt I'd be able too afford too run it/have a loan etc. Maybe an engine swap would be the easiest way? But then again I don't know what would fit in

It's also lowered 35mm (shocks and springs) - and that was from abroad...

Freddie my remark was aimed specifically at the Nissan 1.6 engine. They are built primarily for reliability with relatively short stroke 84 - 94 hp. Not massive considering honda can get 115 out of their 1.4 engines. Plus the fact that only generic parts are available so any gains will be a bit of a chance. There are no sport cams, pistons, cranks, flywheels for this car!!

If the engine is the same as the one fitted in the 100 NX there may be a possibility of parts but I'm not sure of Nissan engine codes.

This looks like we are the unofficial main Nissan Sunny Forum. - now I've posted that we will get 100000's of Sunny owners.

Port matching on the exhaust outlet may give a better response. Take off manifold use a small grinding wheel on a drill and smooth the indsides of the manifold as much as you can Flexible drill bits help here. Then take some cardboard and put it over the manifold and cut holes in it so it matches the holes in the manifold and using this as a template make sure that the exhaust ports in the head match the pattern exactly - this removes turbulance and should give some more power. (Intake is a little harder to do generally and the gains will not be as much - more comes out of an engine than goes in due to the expansion of gases in the combustion process.)

Parkers say my car is 105 and someone else said 108

I am going too a meet this weekend too find out what I really have...

The engine code is N14, when I search for that I get GTi-R engines :s

I may have a go at the polishing, cutting holes however, that maybe a thing I'll leave too my dad if he is up too it :lol:

i had a sunny and i couoldnt find anythin to mod it with except pulsar parts. the only thin i can suggest is to open up the valves, get the next engine size up injectors and maybe look for a pulsar or gtir engin :( its such a shame though cos i moved to a golf which has loads and loads of mods, but it is worst than the sunny standard so the thought of mods for a sunny makes dreams come to life