Nissan Pulsar - the best NISSAN ever?

SLEEPER

Pro Tuner
their japaneese, i know they are tough, but when people put too much bhp on, their fragile, the engine can be rebuilt easily, thats what i said
But this applies to ABSOLUTELY ALL ENGINES

I will explain about nissan engines. Unlike your " reliable " engines These can be made to run silly power relatively easily and that is the "problem"

I will use the RB26 as an example.
It may cost some ££££s but it is childs play to make 200bhp a litre and then surprise surprise they sometimes go pop cos you only did half the job .
FFS what do you expect .
Most of your " relaible" engines simply CANT produce that power so they dont blow up - if they could would have died way before the Nissan motor

SO you just cant say an engine is fragile simple because it CAN be tuned.............

Now......................If you modded the engine properly using forged parts they are extremely reliable . Mine has been going for nearly three years and at the last dyno was still giving well over that 200 bhp per litre

STLee

From
blackburn
Car
Focus ST Dsci
My Mate has one and its all over my Focus ST which is running 260BHPish. Not a clue what his is putting out, bearing in mind though its got a mines ecu, boost controller etc, it has blew 2 engines and he has now just bought a forged engine keeping it standard until he upgrades everything else. Still rapid off the start whilst its standard.

Last edited by a moderator:

SLEEPER

Pro Tuner
My Mate has one and its all over my Focus ST which is running 260BHPish. Not a clue what his is putting out, bearing in mind though its got a mines ecu, boost controller etc, it has blew 2 engines and he has now just bought a forged engine keeping it standard until he upgrades everything else. Still rapid off the start whilst its standard.
I missed this post

If it's only all over your st it won't be heavily tuned if it was you would be blown into oblivion ( sorry )
with a mines ecu etc it is probably stage one and around 400 . A standard engine mapped correctly will run this power for ages.
Most likely it was that or he just upped the boost too much. Simply fitting a mines ecu can often be the cause as they are pre set not individually mapped
Also if he has blown two engines and you don't know how much power or what mods then any objective thoughts or comments are not possible