Nissan Nur Spec II GTR

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Some pictures of a stunning Nissan Skyline Nur Spec ii GTR.#! Rarely does a car come out of the factory with a setup which is hard to improve. This owner has done what we would refer to as sensible mods. Rather than maxing out the power he has managed to keep this as a reliable [...]
More...

What do you think of this then? Is this your thing?

that gtr is a great car and does very well on the nurmberg ring
but honda wont release the nsx until it beats the gtr time
so i cant wait til honda have the best japaneese sports car
and they will,

that gtr is a great car and does very well on the nurmberg ring
but honda wont release the nsx until it beats the gtr time
so i cant wait til honda have the best japaneese sports car
and they will,

thing is the v spec edition is lighter and faster than the current gtr and i did hear a rumour of a new nur edition too

could be intresting

thing is the v spec edition is lighter and faster than the current gtr and i did hear a rumour of a new nur edition too

could be intresting
indeed,
honda an nissan always were at war with these cars
nissan always won with the gtr, and now honda are sick of it
so they will beat the gtr
the problem is, honda want to do this with a N/A engiene and they are trying to find a way to get the hp to beat the twin turbo that the gtr has

trust me when i say this, honda are the best for technoligy out of the whole japaneese car companys so they will find a way to squeeze more power out of the vtec, its just a matter of when

still think Honda should look towards some forced induction to aid them, there are plenty of 'charged hondas going about without any issues. Look the ariel they supply the atom 3 with a warranty for the supercharged K20.

still think Honda should look towards some forced induction to aid them, there are plenty of 'charged hondas going about without any issues. Look the ariel they supply the atom 3 with a warranty for the supercharged K20.
thats true mate, they can take a supercharger
honda designed the vtec to be economical, but the new nsx has a 5.0 v 10, straight away economics goes out the window

wow the nsx is a v 10
and it still cant make more power than the skyline
:(
gtr has twin turbo 5.0 v10
nsx has N/A 5.0 v 10
and it nearly beats the gtr
take the twin turbo away from gtr and its a different story

honda will have the fastest out of the 2 this time
thats why its not released yet

nsx has N/A 5.0 v 10

Don't get ahead of yourselves here. Lets wait and see if they actually build it first :p

econ, your right
they will really have to fiddle with it in order to beat the gtr
as it stands, the gtr is faster by 8 seconds, thats alot to make up without forced induction, the only way is supercharged, and as far as i know, honda wont go that far
so it is a case of some japanesse guy fiddling for days to get extra hp from an alreadt tuned engiene

as a honda nut, i do want it to beat the gtr

econ, your right
they will really have to fiddle with it in order to beat the gtr
as it stands, the gtr is faster by 8 seconds, thats alot to make up without forced induction, the only way is supercharged, and as far as i know, honda wont go that far
so it is a case of some japanesse guy fiddling for days to get extra hp from an alreadt tuned engiene

as a honda nut, i do want it to beat the gtr

Problem is Prev by they time Honda actually get round to it the GTR Nur spec will be out and then Honda will just have to start all over again

I am afraid to say it guys but Nissan are the new Honda

Honda have failed to realise a decent car for years

Problem is Prev by they time Honda actually get round to it the GTR Nur spec will be out and then Honda will just have to start all over again

I am afraid to say it guys but Nissan are the new Honda

Honda have failed to realise a decent car for years
yeah, even the new type r civic isnt all that

nsx has N/A 5.0 v 10

V10 GTR?
since when?

Engine and Drivetrain:

* The engine designation is VR38DETT (Twin Turbocharged 3.8-liter V6) 60-degree vee angle and bore spacing with Nissan’s acclaimed VQ-Series, which is used in everything from the 350Z to several Infiniti SUVs. Few parts are shared between the two engine series.
* 7000 rpm redline
* The engine performance of the 3 trims is the same
* IHI turbos with integrated exhaust manifolds
* 10.2 psi (Car and Driver)
* 473 horsepower @ 6400 rpms
* 433 pound-feet of torque from 3200 to 5200 rpm.
* 20-inch wheels wrapped by Bridgestone Potenza RE070s, 255/40 in front and 285/35 rears.
* Front suspension was upper and lower A-arms and the rear was a five-link.
* Bilstein Damptronic shocks: 3 settings R, Sports and Comfort
* 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds
* 11.7 seconds in the quarter mile
* 192 mph top speed (Autoweek 193mph)
* 7:38:54 Nurburgring
* 0.99 lateral G
* Carbon fiber propshaft
* GR6 transmission -transaxle (The shifting is done via a direct, twin-clutch system. One clutch handles the odd gears and another clutch handles the even ones. Shifts take 0.2 seconds.) Aichi Kikai (Car and Driver)
* Below 25 mph the torque split is 50/50, above that, under normal driving, the split is 40/60. But it can split up to 2/98 under hard acceleration.
* Unlike versions of this system in other Nissan vehicles—the Infiniti G35x, for example—the GT-R setup employs a yaw sensor and is capable of instantly transferring torque from side to side, as well as fore-and-aft, as conditions dictate.

* Mostly flat undertray
* Front diffuser
* Rear carbon fiber diffuser
* Brembo Brakes

Well, we all know that honda wouldnt allow toyota or nissan enter the supercar market without some serious competition. Unlike the previous mid-engined NSX this mule is running a front-mid engine, with its powerplant placed well behind the front wheels to ensure excellent weight distribution. This should also allow the new NSX to offer 2+2 cabin accommodation, broadening its appeal – particularly in the USA. What that engine is remains very much rumours and conjecture. There’s talk of a high-revving naturally aspirated V10, which would fit in very comfortably with Honda’s Type R philosophy.
GALLERY: new Honda NSX spied
Honda’s not as obsessed as many by big bhp outputs, but even so an output of 450bhp seems likely. Should such an engine be fitted to the sort of lightweight body as the previous NSX the performance would be exceptional. Four-wheel-drive, with rearward bias, is also rumoured, the handling expected to be controlled by a version of Honda’s electronic Super Handling All-Wheel Drive. Not expected until 2009 Honda’s supercar is aiming to compete against rivals like Porsche’s 911 Turbo, the Ferrari F430 and the Lamborghini Gallardo as well as home competition like Nissan’s GTR.

now, i do admire the new gtr, when it was first released, my jaw dropped
but when i heard about the nsx, i came in my pants

if the nsx dont beat the gtr around the nurmberg ring,i will never give my veiws the way i am on this subject again

and im sorry for posting that the gtr was a v10, it is a v6, my mistake