nissan n16 calipers rackling

Sorry, but I'm not altogether sure whether I should be stating the obvious here :blink: but! - Tighten them up! Have you checked for loose or missing nuts or bolts come to that? Anything rattling on your calipers and you are unable to inspect the problem yourself, then call somebody local as a matter of urgency to check them out thoroughly for you and preferably BEFORE you venture behind the wheel for a drive.

thanks but i already did that an it has the same problem. so i called a mechanic and all he did was grease the spindles and the problem has been solved. thanks for your quick response.

thanks but i already did that an it has the same problem. so i called a mechanic and all he did was grease the spindles and the problem has been solved. thanks for your quick response.

Well it is time to use another mechanic my friend! There are mechanics and there are DIY fiddlers dreaming of being mechanics! ;)

Lots of nissans ( well mine anyway) have spring clips that keep pressure on the pads to stop that .

Like most springs they can go weak with age . Easy to replace if you can get them or you can just bend them so they apply a bit moe force.