Newbies- introduce yourself here

waynne said:
Have you done the diffs or suspension yet DaveJ?

It has a 2way TRD diff, coil overs up front, camber plates, abjustable top mounts, rear has trd shocks and cut springs, and i have to fit full poly bushings when i get time

why is it that the irish seem to have so many 86's? on the lookout for a 200sx or one of the silvia range. any clue on how much insurance is for one of them? bearing in mind i only got my license this year.

They are pretty lucky there - they are like hens teeth in Kent. I guess they probably don't rust away as much in Ireland.

If you got your licence this year I am guessing you are quite young, would an MX5 not be much cheaper on the insurance for you? You must be looking at a couple of thousand to cover an SX! :shock:

im 19 and my skyline has been tuned perfectly for drift i love it not for the real newbies tho

wide body kit, v8 engine conversion, rear spoiler, front splitter, lambo doors, several HKS performance upgrades, red brembo brakes, 18" black enkei alloys, bright orange paint job with custom graphics, lowered suspesion, recaro race seats and wheel, roll cage, 6 point harness and dark black tinted windows...iv spent more hours than i can count tuning and tweaking the engine lol

Hi.
I am not drifting yet,but i am building a drifter step by step.
Beside mazda i am working with Mitsubishi Starion 2.0T Narrow body.
Because i am a student i don`t have lots of money so i can build slowly.
There are much to do,this Starion/Starquest is 1982 year. and not so bad shape, it has less rust then my mazda have.

Hey :)
I'm completely new to all this but drifting is an ambition of mine :p
I'm from Ireland if anyone could recommend any good cars to get me going, Galants are what I'm looking at at the moment..

Hi I'm, Joe, and I drive a 1966 Beetle with stock suspension, and while easy to drift, it is also VERY easy to tailspin. But once you get the hang of it, it's definitely a fun/cheap car to drift. At the moment, with the stock suspension, I can't ever get much of an angle, but hopefully I'll be lowering it, and upgrading to coilovers.

It's definitely something nobody ever expects to see drifting.

hi i learnt to drift by trial and error with old bmws and crashed a few times. now i have a v8 e34