ManicMike

Car
2002 Volvo V70 X/C
Greetings All,
Just another person infatuated with high powered vehicles. Waking up my 1965 Shelby Cobra GT 350 ( the dual carb, nitrous injected one), in order to get it off my lift. Looking to get the Volvo V70 X/C on the lift for upgrades. Yes it is a Volvo. A turbocharged AWD Volvo, with a 2,000+ watt (RMS) stereo and a 15 inch sub woofer. I know 55+ year old guys do not need this stuff, but I am adding a larger turbo, larger inter cooler, associated intake piping, large fuel injectors, down pipe and touring exhaust anyway. Stealth Volvo! Shelby Cobra is not bad either. Just in case, I have a Honda Rune; 6 cylinder, 1800 cc single seat concept bike. There are other people out there who enjoy excessive horsepower too, aren't there? The wife thinks I am a bit extreme...
Yours,
Manic Mike

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Glad you're enjoying the site, it's taken many years of work to get it to this point, and we keep trying to improve it.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

I have my Shelby Cobra GT 350 off the lift and the Volvo V70 X/C on for a minor rebuild/ major upgrade; hope my marriage survives! Adding a bigger, ported and polished turbo (do this if you have the chance), ported/ polished exhaust manifold and intake manifolds , bigger inter-cooler, more efficient intake/boost piping, bigger injectors, racing down pipe and a Touring exhaust. Yes, the quiet exhaust; I am old. But do not fear, the exhaust is free flowing, just a bit quieter. The head is receiving a valve job, porting/polishing and combustion chamber matching, since it has a minor gasket leak. I have no justification for spending 10 times the cars value on upgrades. I spent 10 times the value of the car installing and awe inspiring audio system (seriously awe inspiring). How do I get pictures up. I am so old, I can not get pictures on to the Volvo site....
P. S. the Shelby is quite impressive, just moving around the block.
Manic Mike

I think you'll fit in just fine here! :D

You can upload pics when you hit 10 posts and get upgraded. We had to do this to deter spammer from posting links and adverts, but you'll hit 10 posts in no time, there are plenty of topics to post a comment on.

The image upload is quite easy on here and we love seeing peoples car projects.

Thank you for the welcome! Working like a maniac on a Stealthy Volvo; no one looks at a Volvo station wagon. Bigger turbo, porting and polishing done on the turbo, heads and exhaust manifold, Inter cooler, down pipe and exhaust; plus rings and bearings for the motor. If I get bored is have a Nitrous injected Shelby cobra that I just woke up from a 10 year nap. Looks like the community here likes Modified cars......

Hi there and welcome to the site. There is a wealth of knowledge on here, and although you might not get many replies or much off topic banter the tips you get are worth their weight in gold and I would take quality over quantity any day.

I hope you stick around and add your voice to the unique community that only TorqueCars.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back