Newbie Question: Is it worth it ?

clarcombe

Car
Kia C'eed
Hi
I have recently moved to Belgium and purchased a 2014 Kia C'eed Petrol. I didn't realise that I would be spending so much time on a motorway and the car I have is very underpowered for overtaking etc.

From the spec sheet : gasoline (petrol) engine with displacement: 1396 cm3 / 85.1 cui, advertised power: 73.2 kW / 98 hp / 100 PS

I quite like the car and am reluctant to just get rid of it (it only cost 7k euros) and so I am soliciting your collective opinions as to whether to try and increase the power and improve handling.

I have a friend who is a mechanic at a Ferrari garage and very technically capable so I will be using his skills to do any work. I think he would enjoy the challenge. Personally I don't have any mechanical skills apart from oil and tyre pressure checking!!

I haven't established a budget as yet so would like to get a feel as to what this could possibly cost.

Thanks in advance

Fast road cam and remap will yield pretty decent gains on these around 15% more power and this is probably your most cost effective option.

Head work, increasing the engine size and adding forced induction are much more expensive and IMO you might just as well do an engine swap.

Weight reduction is a free power mod, cut out weight and the car will be faster.

Depending on your budget you may need to consider a Supercharger OR trading in on a more powerful model.

Hey
ECU, Air filter, Exhaust for a begin? but don't mess the warranty lol

The car is out of warranty. Even though its a Kia it was sold privately which invalidates it!!

This is the first step

• Sports engine oil
  • Passenger air filter
  • Sports Air filter
  • Oil filter
  • Front rear sport discs and pads
  • Chip upgrade (Is this possible for a non turbo petrol C'eed. I can't find any references anywhere to this being possible)

After that, looking to change the exhaust and the speakers (it might not go faster but it will sound faster!!)

Sounds like you wanna get some fine ladies bro haha.
So you either wanna go fast, or wanna get laid? lol.
maybe a rear roof spoiler and a front bumper lip might add some style and do some aerodynamics thing.
But as you mentioned above, you gonna be faster at stopping than accelerating :D
Can you show us some pictures of your car?

Sounds like you wanna get some fine ladies bro haha.
So you either wanna go fast, or wanna get laid? lol.
maybe a rear roof spoiler and a front bumper lip might add some style and do some aerodynamics thing.
But as you mentioned above, you gonna be faster at stopping than accelerating :D
Can you show us some pictures of your car?

Haha!! The car is a bog standard Kia Ceed. I've no real desire to make it look sexy. I'm the driver so that thats the big attraction for the ladies!!

Its worth upgrading the brakes in any case, I've no problem with making the car safer. I just want to be able to accelerate past a few trucks when needs be.

Haha!! The car is a bog standard Kia Ceed. I've no real desire to make it look sexy. I'm the driver so that thats the big attraction for the ladies!!

Its worth upgrading the brakes in any case, I've no problem with making the car safer. I just want to be able to accelerate past a few trucks when needs be.

Well for that i believe, eCU, sport air filter and exhaust will be enough. by the way the new kia ceed looks gorgeous. is it something done to the car by now?

I got my car back last night and the engine is starting to look better!! They've changed the oil for a Porsche Performance oil and the spark plugs for performance ones. Apparently, they've never been changed.

I took some photos of the bits they've added and the new cleaned engine but I've not been able to post yet as I haven't got 10 posts.
Also I see I can only post via an HTTP site. Is that because I've not made 10 posts or do I have to upload every photo to bitly first to be able to post ?

I got my car back last night and the engine is starting to look better!! They've changed the oil for a Porsche Performance oil and the spark plugs for performance ones. Apparently, they've never been changed.

I took some photos of the bits they've added and the new cleaned engine but I've not been able to post yet as I haven't got 10 posts.
Also I see I can only post via an HTTP site. Is that because I've not made 10 posts or do I have to upload every photo to bitly first to be able to post ?

Yeah, it is possibly because of the posts, nothing bad u can post it after 10 posts. forgot to ask, is it a 3, 5 door or SW? Yeah fresh spark plugs and oil make the engine go smooth. what color is it?

Yeah, it is possibly because of the posts, nothing bad u can post it after 10 posts. forgot to ask, is it a 3, 5 door or SW? Yeah fresh spark plugs and oil make the engine go smooth. what color is it?

Its a five door. Black.

I was really surprised when the mechanics told me that it hadn't been clocked. I was always under the impression that overly cheap cars were cheap for a reason!!

I've taken it out for a drive and the performance is slighty improved but where its most noticable is in the noise of the motor and its responsiveness.

Next week they are going to change the air filter and add the ECU.

I was discussing the possibility of changing the exhaust. They said a good one would set me back around 500 euros or so. I'm wondering whether it would be worth it.

Its a five door. Black.

I was really surprised when the mechanics told me that it hadn't been clocked. I was always under the impression that overly cheap cars were cheap for a reason!!

I've taken it out for a drive and the performance is slighty improved but where its most noticable is in the noise of the motor and its responsiveness.

Next week they are going to change the air filter and add the ECU.

I was discussing the possibility of changing the exhaust. They said a good one would set me back around 500 euros or so. I'm wondering whether it would be worth it.

Well 500 is a big price for an exhaust. as zou tell the car is awesome, is the bodykit stock? I love those with a redline front low end. look sweet.