vnyx82

Car
Iswara LMST 2004
Hi all.

I'm a newbie here.

As per the thread title above, I would like to have opinion from others who maybe know about Proton Iswara LMST 2004. I know that this car is not a top notch car but just an average car just for a bachelor in Malaysia (specifically) to have. I know that I might be embarrasing myself putting this car in a limelight as to compare with all other superior rides over here.

The thing is I really kind of fond of this car as it's got a high sentimental value to me. This car is a gift from my dad when he bought it from a used car dealer back in 2007 (so it's been 9 years under my ownership and a total 12 years since it's made).

This car has served me well till now. And after 12 years, it's getting old and 'jaded'. 'The Owner(s)' has been so 'uncaring' who just know how to ride but forgot to 'caress' the car. Feeling 'guilty' now. It's time for me to go for 'upgrading' and refurbishment to this car.

Want to if any of the tourque car family here knows regarding the possibility or upgrading to this car. I wish I can make an engine conversion to apply beter performance together with it's exhaust system. I would love also to know regarding susepnsion system, lighting, stereo, tyres and any other suggestion. And of course paint job due to it's coarse condition of the body after 12 years.

Please, enlighten me with any terms and knowledge regarding the engine and others as I'm still learning and just getting myself into 'car-geek'.

Thank you.

14980684_10210733215348518_4660143813076005134_n.jpg

14976881_10210733233508972_482215341698011259_o.jpg

14915719_10210733215868531_1609849451179559869_n.jpg

The company I worked for as a driver trainer had Protons and if my info is correct they had Mitsubishi motors so it may be possible to install an EVO 4G63 without too much trouble.
Good luck with your project and welcome to the forum.

We used the Satria,Gen2,Jumbuck and Persona and I think that your car is what we called a Persona.

Last edited:
Hello Shah and welcome to the forum. I don’t know anything about your car but I know what you mean being sentimental about a car, I’ve had a few myself.

From what I gather the Proton is a Mitsubishi and they’re well known for performance cars like the Evo and there’s TCJBOldie on here who has a special Starion. I’m not sure about tuning yours though, I don’t think there will be an awful lot of options available and for performance you might be better choosing a different model.

Stick around for a while, might be some interesting comments..

Hello and a very warm, if a little late, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back