Newbie...NASP wanting to go Turbo.

D

Dalight

Hello everyone, I'm new to the turbo world. Working on converting my '00 galant 3.0 to twin turbo'd. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome to TC forums.
Adding a turbo setup will be very difficult and expensive. Adding a twin turbo setup will be very very difficult and even more expensive. If you're doing it for the satisfaction then I'm sure there's a way otherwise look for a comparable factory turbo'd engine you can install instead. I have a motorsports friend who is still trying to get a Mitsubishi Colt he's twin turbo charging to work for 3 years now.

Try this link for basic info.
http://www.torquecars.com/forums/threads/fitting-a-turbo-some-dos-and-dont-s.24176/

If your engine was ever twin turbod from the factory then it maybe worth doing but only if you can get a bolt on turbo kit from another similar engine. But then you will probably neeed to upgrade the motor so its usually easier to just fit a turbo engine and ecu to start with
Installing twin turbos is really not worth it if you are starting from scratch. It will be so hard to properly tune a sequential set up its not worth bothering about especially as a modern single will perform better than pretty much any sequential or parrellel turbo set up in every respect and for half the grief.

If you have a Galant, would it not be easier to buy a smashed up Galant VR4 for parts? Ok it's a 2.5 Twin Turbo but still is a great engine and you could also look into the 4x4 system ;) But as mentioned, go for an engine that is already turbo'd. Far cheaper and easier.

Hello and welcome to the forum, this question comes up at least once a week, and all I would say is, with the best intentions, if you need to ask the question, then you're not up to the job, this is not aimed at the OP, but to anyone who asks about fitting a Turbo or Supercharger to a car.

Hello there and a very warm welcome to TorqueCars, it's great to have you along. Thanks for joining up.

I'm sure you'll find us very friendly and helpful, get involved in our many topics and threads and feel free to ask for tuning tips and solutions to problems in our technical and make and model forums. ;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back