Newbie here.

Bruce419

Car
2007 VW Passat
I’ve bought my daughter a 2007 VW Passat with a 2.0 liter v4 turbo. It only has 39k miles and is in really good condition. It was 1 owner and complete records on car fax and in the glove box. I’d say it was garaged it’s whole life until now. We want to make it sportier and modernize it. We plan to tint the windows and upgrade the stereo to blue tooth. The speakers sound pretty good for now. I’ve been researching wheel upgrades. It has 16” now. Maybe 18”. I don’t want to hurt the ride or efficiency too much but we both like the look of larger wheels. I can’t share photos yet.

Hi Bruce it seems like you have grabbed a good car But be aware that if you upgrade to larger rims that the tyres will need to have a lower aspect ratio th keep the rolling diameter the same to keep the speedo accurate.

Lower aspect tyres have less sidewall height and may also have have stiffer side walls so the result will be a bumpier ride over uneven surfaces.

Be careful with window tint as it can be dangerous if it is too dark as others can not see the driver to see if they have seen them.

Thanks TCJ. I think we need the tint here in Florida but won’t go too dark. I understand with less tire thickness there is less cushion but I see so many new German cars with 18” and bigger. I guess they have different suspension set ups to compensate for the bigger wheels without hurting the ride. I wonder if I could do similar things affordably?

If the picture you want to upload is of your own car don't worry about the 10 posts..
It will just fall into a queue which I will approve for you.

Just click "Upload a File" Which is the button at the side of "Post Reply" when you reply to a thread. |B

Nice car.
It would be an i4 turbo, not a V4. I4 because the 4 cylinder are arranged inline and not in a V shape as is the case wit V6 V8 V10 V12 etc.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin, sorry for my slow reply.

I lost my brother recently following a tragic accident whilst he was working so I've not been around on here much. I've set aside some time to catch up with things though and I hope you've been able to have a look around the site and meet some of our regulars.

It's nice to have an enthusiastic member like you along, I hope you're enjoying the site. Please start up a project thread and share your experiences with all our other members and I wish you all the best in your project.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

PS One more post and you'll be able to post up pictures when your account gets upgraded.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back