Newbie from somerset

tully78

Tuner
Car
saab 900 coupe
Hi ppl just a quick hello to introduce myself my names martin and from wells in somerset. I currently own a 900ng coupe in black hopefully gonna do an engine swap. will be lookiing for alloys soon if anyone can help? 5 x 110mm pcd i can go to 108 and 112 pcd. my ideas on modifications will be listed here very soon. I have a few interesting things u all will be wanting. helps economy and performance helps to burn unburnt fuel. be in touch. cheers:p

Hi Tully and a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. Good to have you with us. Nice to see you're modding your Saab. Too many of these great cars are left standard IMHO!

Yeah i've found a wicked kit on ebay through a firm based down in weymouth i think SMK tuning i'll get address and post it here.

Na i've seen a few things on the internet and i intend on trying the theories out......The idea.....Is to use a coil of microbore copper pipe and wrap it around in a coil around my downpipe which in turn goes to a header tank which will be half full with water...this is used to make steam which in turn will be pulled into the plenum where it will combust with fuel and air. as u know H2o is hydrogen and oxygen. As its being sucked in to the combustion chambers it will expand up to six times which will in turn produce more power and better fuel economy. on average a NA car will only burn 60% of fuel which enters the rest gets wasted. now its time to experiment first off on the original saab lump to see what happens. as i have a Hot Aero 250 bhp to shoe horn in...lol should be fun! :)

when being pulled into the combustion chamber its still steam when the engine reaches normal operating temp 1000 degrees inside the steam is already broken down by the heat to produce hydrogen and oxygen.. have a look on youtube theres a few things there. i'll have to find the site i got info from.. its gotta be worth a go. got nothing to lose. if it blows the motor then it means the other has to go in faster...lol

when being pulled into the combustion chamber its still steam when the engine reaches normal operating temp 1000 degrees inside the steam is already broken down by the heat to produce hydrogen and oxygen.. have a look on youtube theres a few things there. i'll have to find the site i got info from.. its gotta be worth a go. got nothing to lose. if it blows the motor then it means the other has to go in faster...lol

water has the high latancy and dont think the pressures are high enough to brake it. think we might have cracked cold fusion if it did. you tubes also filled with thousands of cars running on pure water.

like your thinking on the new engine going in faster however ;)

Yeah i'm gonna have a go with the steam idea just to see if it makes any difference if it works i will be sure to let u know...If no the aero lump will be in....looking forward to it really. it just seems like a big job at the mo and time and day time hours are against me.lol not to worry hey. all good things come to those who wait...;)

the username derives from the last thing to go wrong with my car, the cambelt simpley sheared off, thankfully i avoided messing up the timing buy not trying to start the car again,

one of the downsides of driving such a small car so hard.

timing belt snaps.
at best this will cause the engine to die due to there being o timing
at worst the valves will drop down when the piston is in the up posistion causing damage to the valves/piston

no it was more info for tully.
just had something similer happen to parents astra. cam itself sheared. wreaked 4 valves and nether vauxhall or opel have any in stock so much for they dont know about the problem

Hello there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars. We have discussed the HHO theory on here at great length so it would be worth seeing the old thread on this.

Let us know how your projects go and keep us posted with how the car mods go. Also get stuck in and post loads!;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back