New Volvo Owner

S40Gordo

Car
S40 2.0D Sport 57
Hi Guys and Gals

Just taken my first steps into old age and bought a S40 2.0D Sport to replace the Ibiza 160TDi Cupra i currently drive.

With the onset of middle agedness i wanted something a bit comfier and with a bit more class than the standard marques and while i 'm still coming to terms with it i seem to have found my new level in a Volvo and i love it.

So over the next while i'll no doubt be firing questions galore to any of you other owners as i find my feet with this car, and i imagine one of the first will be regarding tuning having taken a drop from 160 to 136bhp while adding about 1 ton to the weight of car i'm driving.

Anyway just wanted to say hi and if any of you ever meet me mines a hot cocoa ;)

Gordon

I don't think you are alone! Welcome to TorqueCars and its good to have you along. Fire away with any questions you want and we'll do our best to answer it.

The Volvos may have the "old man" image but they are nice to drive and have a fair bit of power - especially the T5's.

I'm thinking about it but the price does put me off!

To be honest it doesn't feel way off the ibiza up in the higher gears, just not as quick a pick up when pulling off.

To be honest after hitting a deer at 80mph on A70 just over a year ago (thankfully a small roe deer and it never came over bonnet) and the high fuel prices i've taken to driving a little slower now anyway and haven't had the ibiza over about 90 since.

I'm thinking about it but the price does put me off!

To be honest it doesn't feel way off the ibiza up in the higher gears, just not as quick a pick up when pulling off.

To be honest after hitting a deer at 80mph on A70 just over a year ago (thankfully a small roe deer and it never came over bonnet) and the high fuel prices i've taken to driving a little slower now anyway and haven't had the ibiza over about 90 since.

Bet that made a mess. I once had pheasant hit my windcreen on a dual carriageway doing about 80 when it hit. I thought it was gonna come through but it just bounced off. I think I was very lucky.....

Yeah I've hit one or two pheasants/grouse on my travels too, must be the dumbest creatures on the planet :rolleyes:

Worst one I caught in and old R reg 8V Ibiza Cupra when it ran in front of me then jumped up at last minute, cracked headlight/indicator mounting but done the most impressive somersault I've ever seen as it went spinning over the car and disappeared into the undergrowth in my rear view mirror :lol: