New Volvo 855R Owner checking in.

Olive855R

Car
Volvo 855R
Hi to you all,
A bit about me and my wagon.
I've had a few Volvos and still got a few but my new "Project" is the 850R Estate or 855 as they are known officially apparently.Its quite a high miler,with 220,000 miles,but for a Volvo it's nothing really high.Its had a lot of tuning upgrades done already,bigger turbo,injectors,exhaust system,brakes and handling pretty much sorted too.
I've come on here for advice and tips as where to go next on the enhancements.
It's going to need forging I think as its at around 300bhp but I fancy more like 350bhp and don't want to blow it to pieces if I can help it.
I'm in the U.K. in the South West area but travel up and down the country,so I'm hoping to find a couple of tuners that are Volvo specific.Ive heard good things about Tim Williams and Shem and would really appreciate any advice or help on who I should hand the brick over to(and my cash I guess) to get "sorted".
Anyway that's me and my little mission.
Any advice will be appreciated,any Volvo haters will be educated ✌

Hello and welcome, Tim or Shem will be able to sort you, although Tim can be a bit elusive, but I have contact details for both if you need.

Cheers Claymore,got Shems as he did the remap and alot of other work on car when last owner took it to him,but Tims would be handy.Not sure if I should stick with Shem as he knows the car?
There is one problem with it that I'm going to have to sort first though......
One of the valves is rattling so I think I'm going to get a new/reconditioned block to go in and with stronger rods,get it skimmed and ported so I can go forward with some other mods,just need some cash first!
Your car is an absolute beast btw,mental.

Ok well I better get typing then haha.
I will ring Shem as he has a reconditioned block with the stronger rods in it and the guy I bought it off was going to put it in the 850 so I might as well get that,not sure on how much to do all the work and the cost of the block and porting and stuff,better start saving I reckon.Its not my daily so I got time on my side.The plan is to get it back into shape body wise too,new front splitter and get the paint sorted too.Long project and a money pit but that's half the fun,I'd only spend it on fast women and drink if I didn't,hold on,that sounds more fun.

Down the strip?
What's yours had done to it then?I can see the brakes and suspension has been modded,what's under the hood?
Might give me some mad ideas.
Cheers.

Down the strip?
What's yours had done to it then?I can see the brakes and suspension has been modded,what's under the hood?
Might give me some mad ideas.
Cheers.

This is my daily, so all it's had is a 18t, map, and a few of my own tweakes.

Thanks Aerial and T9,glad to be onboard,some good guys on here by the looks of it.
Claymore,will have to have a chat about my plans for the Sleeper,I want it looking stock from outside but a sleeper under the bonnet.Already had lots of fun with Bee Em drivers in their 335s and a Focus St was more than surprised when he tried to pull away from me and I done him on a bend,he was properly Schooled by the Turbo brick.

Well not exactly but that is a awesome bit of kit,your a clever guy doing it all yourself too,hats off to you.I have seen it progressing in other forums,has it been to Nurburgring yet,and what cars have you embarrassed with it so far?

Welcome ....another N reg dark green turbo estate on the forum excellent.

And I agree 100% about the sleeper look far more fun.

But to be fair to Claymore it is a bit difficult to look stock with another motor in the back.

Cheers Sleeper(good name)
My cars a P reg your right Claymore,the pic isn't of mine it's Claymores spare 850R haha,and yes it's hard to keep it looking stock with 2 engines,2 turbos,4 intercoolers and Nitrous I should imagine.
I will post a pic when my account if up and running fully,it's still a bit tatty,needs respray really and Volans refurbed but as they say"all good things come to those who,wait"(Clarice and Chianti springs to mind!).

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.
Sorry for my slow reply, I've been so busy behind the scenes on here lately I have some major catching up to do.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back