NEW TO THIS

Moneymitch

Car
Civic EX 1.7L
Hi I'm Mitchell and from southern California. I'm new to this so thought id introduce myself.. I have a 2003 Honda Civic EX Coupe 1.7L that I unfortunately have to replace the engine due to a couple bent valves unless anyone knows another way around it to fix the bent valves... but yea that's why I joined to hopefully get some questions I have answered.

Hi and welcome Mitch |B

The only way valves get bent is for a timing belt or chain to break OR be fitted incorrectly on an interference motor the valves will hit the pistons at top dead centre so the head will need to be recoed and refitted and the timing as per specification by someone experienced with your model.

It is important for any motor with a belt driven camshaft that the timing belt be replaced on or before it's use by date as per the manufactures service manual to prevent exactly what has happened to your motor.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you. Tell us all about your project and your plans for it.

Sorry I've not been around much, I've been fighting off a DDOS attack on this site. Hopefully performance is back up to where it was, or perhaps a little better.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back