New to this forum and curious about a hybrid turbo

Stevenknox

Car
Seat Leon 1.9 (105)
Hi all
Just signed up to this forum and I'm very curious about putting a hybrid turbo into my 1.9 seat Leon 105, it has already been remapped to around 141.
Power output is expected to be around 185 and hopefully I'll get a better clutch in it too to allow for the power, also it will be remapped to suit the turbo and have the cat removed.
Just wondering if there's any other recommended modifications and what's people's experiences of them.
Thanks in advance

You will need remap after fitting the hybrid turbo. (Which I've just read and noted you said this already) - sorry!!

Welcome to Torque Cars btw.

Greetings and welcome to our TorqueCars forum :)
It would be an idea to upgrade the exhaust manifold to a tubular one and possibly changing the downpipe to a larger size. This will help the turbo to spool up quicker and also help to keep the EGT down.

Are you still on the standard IC?
Have you looked into if the injectors, maf, fuel pump could handle the extra power?

Also they did a 150bhp turbo wich would map to around the 180bhp you'd get from a hybrid. This could potentially be a cheaper option even with a Manifold, tip and Dp;)

I'd take a 3rd party turbo over anything that VW Group supplies.
Vag don't make the turbo's so it should be OK.
Plus the hybrid the original poster is on about will probably only have the internals of the 150bhp turbo fitted into his;)

No idea Paul I didn't do to well at school if what I typed doesn't make sense? Please feel free to edit it mate!:)

Hi buddy. You should think about fitting a limited slip diff to keep the power on the road.

Injectors should be good to around 190bhp.

Time to think about fitting Porsche brakes or s3 v5 brakes.

Thanks all
Been told that the main thing to be worried about would be the crankshaft but other than that everything should be fine.
Would an exhaust upgrade be needed if the cat was removed or it was even straight piped?
Herb, I'm not sure but how easy would it be to fit a 150 turbo and if it's the mk4 golf one they're very difficult to find :/ I have to find a pd130 one first and it will be turned into a hybrid

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back