New to the forum AND to Smart...

Ferraz

Wrench Pro
Car
06 WRX
Hello guys! I´m a complete noob to Smarts and I have some questions about tuning the car...

1) Is it OB2?
2) is there any Open Sorce tuning options?

Thanks

Pedro

hey and welcome. i belive that the smart wil be OBDII (post 01 i think everycar is)

not sure on the open source but have you had any previous experience with ECU tuning

Thanks for the welcomig!

Yes, I have some experience with ECU tuning, but nothing great... I just want to know if it is possible to get the ROM image and send via e-mail to a tuner??? I do this with my Subaru WRX using a Tactrix cable (for OBDII) and EcuFlash software...

Isn't a mobile tuner option a better bet? for you.

Also may I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars.

Have you done any other mods to the car yet? What is you power aim with the remap?

Mobile tuner?

No mods done yet.. It is my brother´s car and we are still searshing for power and handling options. I´m asking for e-tunes because we don´t have tuners around... well, no tuner we can trust...

His go is nothing crazy, just a fun fast city car.

by mobile tuner someone who comes to you.

there as some tuners who sell you a system which you connect to your car which uploads the original map which you then connect to computer and email to the tuner and they allow you to pick several maps and email them back

you upload them to the device them to the car. these can only be used on your car
the device goes under a few different names

by mobile tuner someone who comes to you.

there as some tuners who sell you a system which you connect to your car which uploads the original map which you then connect to computer and email to the tuner and they allow you to pick several maps and email them back

you upload them to the device them to the car. these can only be used on your car
the device goes under a few different names

Oh, I see! Like the Cobb AccessPort... Do you know any brand i can check on?

WELCOME TO THE FORUM MATE

and to smart ownership

i put a tuning box onto my cdi smart made an amazing difference

Thanks for the welcoming, guys!! But unfortunately, we will not get the car as my brother did not close the deal because of a disagreement with the dealership!!:(

But I appreciate all the help and suport you gave me.

Thank you

Pedro

As my brother already has a VERY smal car in his garage, he tought it was time for something bigger... So he got the Mitsubishi Pajero TR4.

url

His smal car is ona just like this:

url

welcome to the forum buddy

lol decided to put the 19s from the skyline up against the smart for a giggle whilst having more of a giggle trying to fit them in the back lol

attachment.php

unbelievable but they went in

You really shouldn't have done that MrB! You just know you want some flared arches and bigger wheels now!

Ferraz - they are quite different cars then! I quite like them though. I know which one I'd rather take on the daily commute though!

At least you can park the orange (looks red to me) one. I would quite like the 4x4, it would make the commute a pleasurable experience IMHO!;)

The probleme with the Romiseta (Orange car) is that it is rare!

The 4x4 is nice! Especilly because some of our roads are not that good!