New to group

KHMBSL500

Car
96 MB SL500
This appears to be just the site I have been looking for!
I have a M119 5.0 that I want to get the best Street Performance. Down the road I may choose to do a V12 transplant, but I'm not there yet!
I will gladly take input from anyone experienced with performance tuning the M119!
Kirk

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you. Tell us all about your project and your plans for it.

Sorry I've not been around much, I've been fighting off a DDOS attack on this site. Hopefully performance is back up to where it was, or perhaps a little better.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you. Tell us all about your project and your plans for it.

Sorry I've not been around much, I've been fighting off a DDOS attack on this site. Hopefully performance is back up to where it was, or perhaps a little better.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.
Good morning Wayne,
I have a 96 MB SL500. I love the style of the R129’s. I’ve always thought they were the perfect balance of performance and comfort! Since I purchased it in 99, I’ve driven many hi-performance cars and now find myself struggling with wanting to keep the style and comfort but bring the performance more up-to-date!

Not sure how much you already know about MB, but the M119 engine is nearly bulletproof!! DOHC, 4 valve.

I’m a retired auto mechanic so I have a good handle on what ingredients it takes to make for a good foundation! With today’s technology I don’t think I should have to go to 12 cylinders (SL600), to make the kind of drive able HP I would like to obtain (800-900).....likely twin turbo conversion is the direction I’m headed.
Thanks for your site!! Definitely the best I’ve found yet!!!
Kirk

Thanks for your kind words, it makes all the hard work worthwhile. I never rest and am always looking to improve and update the site, I see lots of site just publish information and then forget it. I revisit every article every few months to add a few new updates and tweaks.

Thanks for your kind words, it makes all the hard work worthwhile. I never rest and am always looking to improve and update the site, I see lots of site just publish information and then forget it. I revisit every article every few months to add a few new updates and tweaks.
Good morning Wayne,

I think a good place for me to start is finding a source for internals,(crank, pistons, rods, etc.) that will allow me to add the required boost to get to 1k hp……any thoughts?

In your area I see that swedishmotors have had pretty good reviews and have a knowledge of these cars.

Weistec also stock quite a few performance parts for the Mercedes.

Hello and welcome, all the best for the new year, and I wonder what it holds for each of us.

Hopefully, this Virus thing will be gone and we can get on with our lives.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back