New to cars in general

P

pjdell

I currently drive a 99' nissan sentra SE limited. I really want to learn how to do modifications to this car. I am currently in college and my schedule doesn't really have time for extra classes where i could learn more about cars and i'm thinking that learning online is my best bet for now.

Do you guys have any resources that could get me started. My knowledge at this point is very limited. I want to learn all about the parts under my hood. Currently when i open the hood i can point out most parts, like the engine, transmission, alternator, air intakes and some others but don't know it all very well. I'm fairly mechanically inclined and would love to start learning this stuff and actually trying it my car. The feeling of quick acceleration is the greatest thing in the world and seeing a complicated mechanical task finished is a close second.

I'm also really looking for nissan sentra specific information if anyone knows where i could find that.

Thanks in advance

There are some good books on Amazon. Hillier's fundementals of motor vehicle technology is a good read and there are a few performance tuning and race car dynamics type books as well.

You learn the most by having a go! So don't be afraid and get stuck in.