New to BMW ownership...

Olley

Track Warrior
Car
E30 touring 325i
in the next few weeks i will be picking up my new car! :D

in the shape of an E30 325i touring! :)

any hints or advice anyone can give me as to what to look for? it's been sat for a couple of years so i'm going to give it a thorough going over before i put it on the road!

T9, i almost bought a saab a few months back. 2L turbo petrol, but the bloke started it up and it was smoking something terrible... so i walked away.

and the BMW in question is going to set me back 200 squid to sign the logbook....
plus brakes tyres and a battery. tax mot and insurance. but all shouldn't be too much. i'm way too excited to be honest! lol will get some pictures up in the week! oh wait... no, forgot my camera got stolen! :( will have to see how good the pictures come out on my phone!

cheers fella! :) now i just need to get a decent job to pay for it all... lol, you need a second pair of hands on the BMS stuffs? lol

cheers fella! :) now i just need to get a decent job to pay for it all... lol, you need a second pair of hands on the BMS stuffs? lol

They are very durable cars. Keep to the servicing schedule - the BMW costly myth is just that, a myth. Even main dealer servicing is good value.

prince, HDi, i trust in your knowledge, and T9, that would be brilliant!

My E39 528i is cheaper to run and cheaper to service than my Father's 1.6 8v MkIV Astra.

Service parts are disgustingly cheap. Air filter £5.58, for example. Oil filter;- £3.53.

Cabin filters (there are two of them) - £13.64 for the pair.

Halfords cannot even compete..

If it's been sat not running much for a while I'd recommend you do a coolant change, flush out any sediment or rust that's settled over the time. And I'd always do an oil and filter change, for the sake of 50 quid, for a bit of peace of mind.

i intend to do a lot to it before it goes on the road!

oil + filter
Gbox oil (it's an auto)
air filter
brakes
possibly tyres.

and what ever else comes to mind while i'm doing it!

:) i do my best!

and if all else fails, i'll get my mountain bike fixed up...

do TC ever do any meets of any kind? i'd love to show off my new best when it's up and running, and there are a fair few motors on here i'd love to see in the metal! and meet the people responsible for them!!!

This has proven to be a little difficult in the past as TC members are spread country wide. I have no problem with the distance I travel to meet other members.
The last one this year was at Santa Pod to meet up with Prince and that mighty Beemer of his, the time before that was at Briley Coach Works in Cranbrook Kent met up with Waynne, Sleeper and Timmy. I was hoping to go up north soon to catch up with Loz and TN somewhere, diary issues and all that. Well you are close enough Olley for a meet up somewhere, so PM me when your works are done and we will see who else is available. :)

Last edited:
:) i do my best!

and if all else fails, i'll get my mountain bike fixed up...

do TC ever do any meets of any kind? i'd love to show off my new best when it's up and running, and there are a fair few motors on here i'd love to see in the metal! and meet the people responsible for them!!!

I generally try and post up details of shows I'll be going to. First one next year will probably be PTM in May at Santa Pod. I can also provide some help with BMW meets if you like? In fact, I went to one on Sunday!

This has proven to be a little difficult in the past as TC members are spread country wide. I have no problem with the distance I travel to meet other members.
The last one this year was at Santa Pod to meet up with Prince and that might Beemer of his, the time before that was at Briley Coach Works in Cranbrook Kent met up with Waynne, Sleeper and Timmy. I was hoping to go up north soon to catch up with Loz and TN somewhere, diary issues and all that. Well you are close enough Olley for a meet up somewhere, so PM me when your works are done and we will see who else is available. :)

PTM again in May. I wanna see your beast down the strip! Who knows, you may win fastest FWD?

That would be a dream come true if that ever happened Prince ;)

Still there is enough time for me between now and then to get a few more performance mods done! Some of those cars are moving very little weight around, mine has to move T9 :lol:

That would be a dream come true if that ever happened Prince ;)

Still there is enough time for me between now and then to get a few more performance mods done! Some of those cars are moving very little weight around, mine has to move T9 :lol:

Hahaha! :lol:

We can always strip out the seats before the run. Any idea what it would do the 1/4 mile in?

Hahaha! :lol:

We can always strip out the seats before the run. Any idea what it would do the 1/4 mile in?

Absolutely no idea! Maybe I should get the beast weighed at least and get some figures over to young OG for a rough guide as to what I can expect! ;)

HAHAHA women and shoes. almost as bad as me and cars! :p

indeed T9, to be fair, i am only a short distance from the ace cafe... if anyones never been, it's well worth going, even just to say you've been.
well i get the car middle of next month me thinks. then just a case of getting it road worthy then swapping the insurance over from the bus. i hope i get a few birthday cards on friday!!!! tee hee!

HAHAHA women and shoes. almost as bad as me and cars! :p

indeed T9, to be fair, i am only a short distance from the ace cafe... if anyones never been, it's well worth going, even just to say you've been.
well i get the car middle of next month me thinks. then just a case of getting it road worthy then swapping the insurance over from the bus. i hope i get a few birthday cards on friday!!!! tee hee!

This Friday for your birthday? I shall be digging out the usual suspect birthday greetings for you Olley old bean :lol: On the 27th of November it is Norse day at the ACE Cafe from 9am onwards. If you make it down there early then I shall treat you to an OMG breakfast, and anyone else from TorqueCars who can actually make it down here :bigsmile:

OI! less of the bean! :p
i'm only 23 years young as of friday.

T9, it's a date, just remind me will ya! :p and if all goes to plan, i shall be in me "bimmer"!

if that's allowed on norse day? :p

Well T, let me know when you come up to the midlands and I'll endevour to come and meet you, it was ashame I couldn't make it to santa pod last year....

@Olley, hope to see it mate I like E30's will be nice to see some more on the road.

I'd be up for a meet if I had an interesting car to bring. If I came I my bora you'd all just fall asleep looking at it.

Somehow I doubt that very much Yugguy! I am more than willing to travel up to meet you guys, so if you all can think of somewhere easy to get too and in the middle of all you "up north chaps" a motorway service station perhaps? then we can start to sort out a date for the diary, Saturday or Sunday morning?

I travel up to the Tamworth motorway services at J10 on the M42 every couple of months to see my Saab buddies! Not sure if this would be any good for you chaps, open to alternatives. ;)

Somehow I doubt that very much Yugguy! I am more than willing to travel up to meet you guys, so if you all can think of somewhere easy to get too and in the middle of all you "up north chaps" a motorway service station perhaps? then we can start to sort out a date for the diary, Saturday or Sunday morning?

I travel up to the Tamworth motorway services at J10 on the M42 every couple of months to see my Saab buddies! Not sure if this would be any good for you chaps, open to alternatives. ;)

When the E30 is going, +1... :)

i shall post flicks up as soon as i have the l/book in my posession and keep you all up dated, will get a project thread going! :) need a new camera though! :(

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back