New T5 owner, performance upgrade sugg?

DaSouthWon

Car
04 S60 T5
I recently purchased an 04 T5 S60. While I am happy with the power that the car makes stock, I would like to do a few performance upgrades. The only modification that I can find for this car is an ECU upgrade and exhaust. Is the $1000 ECU remap worth the money? What kind of performance improvement could I expect with the cat-back exhaust? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone have any other ideas to get more power. Thanks, Brian

The ECU upgrade would be worth the money. Do they make any power claims? You could be looking at 40-50% more power so for the cost this is one of the best mods you can do. Don't forget the induction side of the engine, if you want the roar go with an induction kit or just put a high flow panel filter in the air box. (Air intakes and exhausts will probably only net you a another 5bhp, but they do make the car more fun to drive!)

I think if the engine is the same as the 850t-5 models & V70t-5 models,the ecu gives you aprox 30bhp,the exhaust with catalycconverter 3"gives you another 15bhp (at least it did with my car,an 850R)and for the rest of upgrade possibillities try ipd or europian tuning(intercoolers,bigger turbo's,ht-leads,water injection etc,etc.WITH FRIENDLY REGARDS,walter from belgium.

I recently purchased an 04 T5 S60. While I am happy with the power that the car makes stock, I would like to do a few performance upgrades. The only modification that I can find for this car is an ECU upgrade and exhaust. Is the $1000 ECU remap worth the money? What kind of performance improvement could I expect with the cat-back exhaust? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone have any other ideas to get more power. Thanks, Brian

hi you could also try changing the turbo to the larger S60R unit and also fit an exhaust with a race cat but these mod's would probably require a custom map.
i had a remap on my V70 T5 as a standard car it was quick with the remap it was like night and day totally transformed the car