The Torque Meister
Car
82 trans am kitt
as of yesterday the new look mot tickets come out
no more green and red sheets its all printed on plain paper

will now look like this

mot.jpg

it saves vosa money as they no longer send out any paper work
as we now have to buy the plain paper as well as the mot slots (test's)

It shouldn't need to be colored to represent a pass or fail. If drivers and car operators are so dim that they can't read simple English then it's best that they don't drive at all.

even with a pass I bet there's times you'd love to be able to fail a car because you know that the owner won't do anything about problems 'til it actually fails tragically the following year.

all the time
but if it dont meet the mot limits is nothing we can do
cant even stop somone driving off with only 1 wheel nut on each wheel best we can do is phone the police to tell them they are just about to go on the road like it

all the time
but if it dont meet the mot limits is nothing we can do
cant even stop somone driving off with only 1 wheel nut on each wheel best we can do is phone the police to tell them they are just about to go on the road like it

Which is bare faced arrogance by the person who presents the car for testing. They regard MoT testers as scum and little hitlers. If their motives are so misguided and they have no interest in safety then perhaps the security of their licences to drive should be questioned.

Personally, if a car of mine should fail or is marginal I'd like it brought to my attention ASAP. That was I can have the problems rectified.

Having said that, I'd be staggered if any car I use/own failed the MoT. If it did then I'd have been driving very negligently and blissfully unaware of it's dangerous condition.

I am a fussy driver and like to think that I'm very responsible as a road user.

never had a car of mine fail lol

but some say the only time there car gets looked at is when i mot it some say the last time the bonnet was opened was when you did the mot last year and wonder why there is no water in the washers

but if i wanted to be cruel i could be and fail everything but i dont as half teh stuff is minor and it brings people back

I agree that we should all want to know about things that may be a problem later - that is what the advisory part is for but there is no way you can be sure your car will pass the test .
And it doesnt mean you are driving negligently if your car fails That is what the test is for

How do you find a weeping rear suspension unit or something equally difficult to spot.

The smallest leak or weep is technically a failure. I used this example cos I took a near standard stagea for an MOT on Monday.
It drove perfectly but failed on a leaking rear damper. I changed it and there was absolutely no noticeable difference to the drive but it passed.

The smallest leak or weep is technically a failure. I used this example cos I took a near standard stagea for an MOT on Monday.
It drove perfectly but failed on a leaking rear damper. I changed it and there was absolutely no noticeable difference to the drive but it passed.

In that respect then I completely agree with you. Better to find a problem such as this than have the damper chuck out all its oil charge and then cause deathtrap style handling.

I did wonder once (this was over 20 years ago, by the way) Kwik Fit just happened to find oil leaking from a rear damper on my MG Montego when it was fitted with gas dampers? They'd even applied oil to prove it.

they are the worst ones out there

I learned that back in 1990. I'd never let them near any car of mine ever again.

Back then my knowledge of commercial law was fragile compared to how it is now so I just laughed at them (Kwik Fit) and drove away without paying the bill for the exhaust system they'd just fitted. Still awaiting the summons, nearly 22 years later.