new shape beetle flashin light

xedan

Wrench Pro
Car
bmw e36 2.8 sport
rite my girl friends got a new shape beetle it a 2000wreg 2.0 20v and when she drives it for a bit the temperture light comes on blue and flashs wot does this mean cheers

Check that the coolant level is not too low. Often you can fix this by topping it up. Sometimes it might be a problem like a broken water pump or dodgy thermostat - the temp gauge will help to determine if it is either of these.

if the temps going up and down - goes up to around 110 then drops away to 60 (right a the bottom ) chances are its the coolant sensor thats away. a diagnosti scan will show up coolant fault
if he temps going sky high, 130, and stays there until you back off the throttle for a few mins chances are its the water pump thats away.

If you do need to fill up with coolant remember that you need to use VWs stuff

coolant level is ok doesnt use any water and also new vw beetles dont have any temp gauge just a blue light for when coolant temp is cold and a red light when hot and the red lights never come on and problems not from cold or just general drivin normaly motaway driving is when it comes on

rite my girl friends got a new shape beetle it a 2000wreg 2.0 20v and when she drives it for a bit the temperture light comes on blue and flashs wot does this mean cheers
silly question but has she checked the water level perhaps the headgaskets gone ,does the fan kick in when shes turned off the engine?

yeah car uses no water at all doesnt get really hot no cream in header tank or on oil cap has any one got a manual to a new beetle as it may tell u in there but my g friend has lost hers lol

yeah car uses no water at all doesnt get really hot no cream in header tank or on oil cap has any one got a manual to a new beetle as it may tell u in there but my g friend has lost hers lol
cant she take it back to where she bought it from and ask them to take a look at it or phone another garage and ask ther advice, all ul proberbly get from them tho is we would need to take a look at it to say 95quid an hr lol

Read all the posts again

so after it heats up , blue light goes off, its fine for a while the comes back on to say its cold again is this correct ?

Would say its the coolant sensor mate, your looking at around £20 for the sensor and new retaining clip
If youve got a nice mechanic near you. ask them to scan it, it will show up in the engine diagnostic section.
DONT take it to VW as a scan with them is around £80-90 just for the scan. my local garage does it for £25. Or you could buy a OBDII cable off ebay and download vagcom.
the free version allows you to check for codes. full licence comes in at around £60 just now ( Best thing ive ever bought )