New S40 owner

mileshighhopes

Car
Volvo s40 sport
Hey , Was looking for a used car with 5k to spend , Never thought I would look at a Volvo , saw the s40 sport in the forecourt 1.8s , 53 plate and fell in love with it , Jet Black, sporty looking , Nice alloys , spoiler , full cream leather heated seats and then I test drove it and it is great to drive very responsive and comfortable , I have added a viper kit and a straight through exhaust and it now looks and sounds the part , Its better than a bmw 318 by a long shot , Pretty quick to had 130 mph but was screaming ....... What else can I do with her ????

Hello its good to have you here. I had an S40 for a year until it was written off by a dustcart! :(:(

Cams make a big difference as does port matching I also got an FSE fuel boost valve as recommended by someone here and it made the car seem quicker off the mark.

Mine pulled to the left a bit under heavy braking does yours?

No don't seem to have the probs with it pulling it seems to come back to me quite nicely !
Cams ??? Port Matching ??? Ill have to check that stuff out m8 lol . Was all that stuff expensive ??

hey and welcome to the site mate.

port matching isnt to hard but only do it on the exhaust, your intakes supposed to be rough to allow a better mix in the cylinders. have a look at the article on the main site
http://www.torquecars.com/tuning/Porting-polishing.php

cams can be expensive have a look at piper cams or kent cams so come in at a couple of hundred going much higher depending on the car. only go for a mild street cam through dont go for a full racing one as you will have idle problems

Cheers m8 had heard of it but didn't have a clue what it was , Very interesting , I will see if my local performance car shop can do the work for me , Ill let you know what they say .

Hi and welcome. Too many people dismiss the Volvos and when you start looking at the performance figures you can't help buy be impressed.

Agree with PG for mild street cams, the race cams cause lumpy idling and can make driving in traffic a pain.