new running problem

dewkid

Car
volvo 780 2.3turbo
my 1990 volvo 780 has started to experience a new problem. it takes forever to start and after i get it started it will hardly run. if i take my foot out of the gas it will die and it is running way too rich. yesterday i spent most of the day replacing parts because at first i thought it was from where i changed the mass air flow sensor so i swapped that then i changed the throttle position sensor and neither one of those worked . today i recieved a new jetronic computer for the fuel injection ind it still didn't change anything. Does anyone have any ideas?

Idle Speed Actuator. Check if the hose from the air filter which goes to the ISA is clogged. Also you can open the ISA & clean it up with spirit based cleaner.

ok I have checked the isa and vac hoses and replaced a collapsed one and still no change but i can unplug the mass air flow sensor and the car idles like a sewing machine. any more ideas. and it does have a little smoke but that is from the seals on the turbo. it has done that every since i bought it.

Strange problem.. Dewkid, your car is equipped with a turbo, you said after unplugging the MAF sensor, the car sounds like a sewing machine, that means the car is going to Limp In mode, that means the MAF sensor is ok. Did you check the intercooler or the turbo? It may be a clogged intercooler. A smoke from turbo means it is damaged. Maybe no lubrication is there. Replace the turbo oil pipes & gasket & check the intercooler & turbo fins. I think it'll solve the problem.

i pulled the turbo off looped the hoses and hooked the mass air flow sensor up through a clod air intake and the engine achieves normal idle but doesnt do much when I give it gas could it just be the turbo?