New proporsals for a pay as you drive system.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Tis the season for Proposals of legislation. Latest UK one is that we pay per mile so the more we drive the more we pay :shock: . This sounds like an incredibly fair way of raising more revenue from the cash strapped motorist :rolleyes: .

I feel that we already do this pay per mile by paying tax on fuel. Why not abolish road tax altogether and put the whole thing on fuel?

I seen insurance companies are doing the pay as you go thing. I feel that we already pay too high tax with road tax, fuel etc. I dont do many miles per week cause i work from home, but if they start this pay per mile thing, then they are going to push the cost of living up, cause it is going to effect the cost of things in shops, cause the companies will need to recover their costs somewhere.
What happened to the days when i could fill my car for £10???

trooper said:
What happened to the days when i could fill my car for £10???

You didn't have a Trooper then! :lol:

Work colleague of mine said "Fuel prices don't bother me I only ever put £10 in" It took her a while to work out why we thought this was so funny.

No it wasnt my Trooper it was my first fiesta, when i first passed my test, i used to fill her up when i got paid and it would cost me about £10 and that used to last me 2-3 weeks. If i put a £10 in now, it lasts a couple of days max! The Trooper costs me about £65 to fill :cry:

What bugs me most about this system is that there will be a box in your car, monitoring everywhere you go, and at what speed, charging you for every mile and further limiting your freedom.

Who are the poxy [edited] government to tell me that I can't take my missus to the seaside for the weekend after five days of hard graft? [edited]

If they were really bothered about the environment and congestion, then they'd improve the roads instead of spending all our road tax on invading oil-rich countries and introduce an incentive for motorists to convert their engines to run on LPG or bio petrol.

I don't think ANY of the governments have ALL the answers at least not when they get in power! (Sorry to make a minor edit your comments but we need to try hard to be NON Political here otherwise we will descent into an endless debate :rolleyes: .)

waynne said:
Tis the season for Proposals of legislation. Latest UK one is that we pay per mile so the more we drive the more we pay :shock: . This sounds like an incredibly fair way of raising more revenue from the cash strapped motorist :rolleyes: .

I feel that we already do this pay per mile by paying tax on fuel. Why not abolish road tax altogether and put the whole thing on fuel?

to me its about taking us money ...to make us work even more...like live to work (and not work to live like it should be)......

to me is just one more step (among thousands) to restrain our freedom

its a shame the way things are going :evil:

infortunaly thats it

theres a very nice video about irs (usa)....like theres no law and still gouvernment claims people to pay it, i lost the link of the video :oops: