New Potential Project Car

Aye but with problems with the wheel not actually moving am I looking at Propshaft issues here?

I'd go check it out first if possible, prop shaft seized bearing not too expensive, but could be worse so see it first.

This is only 7 miles from me, I think I will buy it. Much better project than the Elan and quicker to finish.

If its been stood a while it could be the brake that has seized. A lump of wood and a hammer will sort that out.
May I ask what possessed you to even bid on it? It's an absolute dog IMO.

Because at a price like it is you could turn it into a gem and it would still be a total cost of under 700

If its been stood a while it could be the brake that has seized. A lump of wood and a hammer will sort that out.
May I ask what possessed you to even bid on it? It's an absolute dog IMO.

:lol: I suppose we have all done crazy things at one point or another in our lives.

I cant see how this could ever become a gem especially with an orange interior ( you didnt mean a jam by any chance did you)

but best of luck - Hopefully you will win it- I am sure it will provide lots of fun especially as a project thread

Possibly the title could be.................... making the marmalde muncher move

I cant see how this could ever become a gem especially with an orange interior ( you didnt mean a jam by any chance did you)

but best of luck - Hopefully you will win it- I am sure it will provide lots of fun especially as a project thread

Possibly the title could be.................... making the marmalde muncher move

He who dares Sleeper I actually like the orange interior and would probably keep it!

I would for a start take off the body kit and sell it for a better fitted one or just put the originals back on. take out the PS2 and put my PS3 in

Last edited:
I really like this so I made a bid, but unfortunately was outbidded. Oh well, lots of days left until the end.

I think that with a little work, the body kit could be made to work. Maybe 2-tone picking up the colour of the interior and a metallic green.

Tinted windows would tone down the interior.

Black wheels with orange accents and silver wheel nuts.

Air ride suspension so it can be slammed to the ground. 205mm tyres on 9" rims should finish the look.

I would use the spare YB engine I have (457bhp) for motivation and probably fit the rear end from the Sierra I am stripping which would solve the axle problem.

You got outbid because I am trying my utmost to buy it Old! I need a car!

And now I wish i never posted it on this bloody forum because I would be at a lower price still :|

Last edited:
I only pushed it up £4!!!

I can go and have a look at it for you if that would help.

Sorry to say but I really don't see how it can be a gem?
The chaps description make it sound like a dog.
Sorry pal but I can't see any potential in this at all.
The body kit isn't even fitted as said in the description.
Honestly mate. Walk away.

If you get it for less than £150 there could be a nice profit just breaking it. Then put the money into something better;)