New Poly bushes for a 9-3SS

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Just had a full set of poly bushes fitted to the Beast made by Powerflex including the engine mounts. What a difference this has made :cool:
Had poly bushes before here and there, but this was the first time that included joints that were not previously covered. Rather than have poly bushes from different company's I had the entire lot changed over on a very long 9 hour day. The car is going off to Elites in Rainham on Friday afternoon to get the whole geometry reset on the car, so will give you all the full feedback then. :)

9 hours! :amazed:

Id have just taken a copy of the telegraph with me. It would take me that to do the crossword!!! ;):lol:

Hope the Beast feels tighter for it.

Nice, that is on my wish list for the MG, alot of work but worthwhile I have heard. Good job I still have my own teeth as the change will be notable, how's yours T9? :amuse:

Nice, that is on my wish list for the MG, alot of work but worthwhile I have heard. Good job I still have my own teeth as the change will be notable, how's yours T9? :amuse:

Lets just say that denture wearers best not have this particular mod done ;)
Feels marvellous, the first thing that I noticed was feeling the engine vibration in the front seat the moment I fired it up ;) Taking the Beast to Elites on Friday for the full geometry set up then I'm off hunting roundabouts and tight bends!

It was a lot of money very well spent in my opinion stamford. Have to go to PC World tomorrow though and buy a memory card reader so that I can get the pictures of the poly bushes on the car taken off the memory card. The built in reader on the laptop refuses to acknowledge the cards existence, so I will post up the photos tomorrow afternoon.

What??? good heavens no herb! it's only money and I want the beast up to date at all times, whatever the future plans maybe! :D

That's good then!!!!
It's just I presumed (wrongly) that with you having these bushes fitted the idea had been put on the back burner.

That's good then!!!!
It's just I presumed (wrongly) that with you having these bushes fitted the idea had been put on the back burner.

Oh bless, never! I think of my baby as a Prada/Chanel kind of a super model who rewards you greatly if you take care of her little eccentricity's! ;)

Ok, so just got back home from PC World & Elites after having the full geometry done due to having the new poly bushes fitted. Bit wet outside but I showed no fear and tried out a few sweeping bends in the old girl - oh yes my dear! money definitely well spent! ;)

Finally got the photos off the memory card so a few pics of some of the poly bushes before and after they were fitted, also a chart of my latest geometry set up! :)

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

TrackGeometrysetup20-Jan-2012.jpg

Love it, sods law says it will now rain for weeks!

Did the garage take the pics for you or did you pop down & take them yourself?

Ain't that the truth about the weather :sad2:

No I took the photos myself Loz on my new Canon Powershot 16mb camera! :)

Bought a 32GB SDHC Sandisk card for it, but my inbuilt card reader on my laptop refused to read it. So popped over to PC World after Elites this afternoon and bought a Trust USB multicard reader and it worked a treat - actually I should say, it did work after I had downloaded a Windows XP update KB955704 from the Trust website :embarrest::lol:

Bit wet outside but I showed no fear and tried out a few sweeping bends in the old girl - oh yes my dear! money definitely well spent! ;)

Congratulations!
You get me thinking will my car gain some gain with some poly's? ;)
Thanks for posting pictures and short descriptions of results. Think you made one of the best tuned cars I am aware of. :love:

Your car will certainly gain from having some poly bushes fitted Zwaf and thank you very kindly for your positive comments :)

You'r wellcome!
Comments are honest! I really admire the technical part you have done to the beast. Also the future plans for her.

And equally I apreciate your visual styling.
It saiz: "I don't wanna brag...but I can do some serious driving!"
On Facebook vocabulary: me like!

:)

Ain't that the truth about the weather :sad2:

No I took the photos myself Loz on my new Canon Powershot 16mb camera! :)

Bought a 32GB SDHC Sandisk card for it, but my inbuilt card reader on my laptop refused to read it. So popped over to PC World after Elites this afternoon and bought a Trust USB multicard reader and it worked a treat - actually I should say, it did work after I had downloaded a Windows XP update KB955704 from the Trust website :embarrest::lol:

Happy new camera! The Canon is a good choice, you should get some cracking pics. :D

Happy new camera! The Canon is a good choice, you should get some cracking pics. :D

Thanks Loz, the camera is currently set on "Easy" which is Canon jargon for idiot proof I think :embarrest:
Lots of gadgets on it and I haven't got a Danny La Rue how it all works! Going to have too look back on the Loz photography masterclass thread for some guidance me thinks ;)
Don't go away now! :)

hi, just came in and saw this thread.

i had the front and back torque mount changed to polyflex bushes. first feel after the change, felt like in a sonic jet. engine was vibrating very badly during idling. after 2 weeks, couldn't stand any longer and took it out. anyone could hear the heavy vibration standing next to it.

what could be wrong?

/i

Check the actual size of the polybushes. The original batch that I had on my car was oversized, thus produced much more vibration. Take the bushes back out and with a sander carefully remove about 3mm from both sides of the bush then replace it and see how you get on.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back