New Peugeot 208 GTi

Hi everyone haven't been on for a while. As I work on peugeots I have had a little info on this the gti 208 won't be released untill late this year. It will have the same engine in as the RCZ has in now. Personally i think the 160 diesel engine puts the 200 bhp petrol to shame. I think it has a hefty price tag too 18k plus, I will keep you posted on anything else I find out about it.

That should be pretty good, I think I could be turned to Peugeot for one of these! What will renault do to respond though? It should be an interesting battle.

My 207 GTI with re map pumps out 210BHP and 330NM torque and I love it cos people think they are slow and don't handle well. How wrong many a BMW/Audi driver has been! Limited slip diff, miltek exhaust and stage 2 re-map next.
The new 208 being lighter and a higher power starting point should make an interesting car to tune.

I look forward to tuning it as well as the Diesel version. The much lower weight will set it apart from the rest of the field.

My 207 GTI with re map pumps out 210BHP and 330NM torque and I love it cos people think they are slow and don't handle well. How wrong many a BMW/Audi driver has been! Limited slip diff, miltek exhaust and stage 2 re-map next.
The new 208 being lighter and a higher power starting point should make an interesting car to tune.

Cool! How much do you reckon you can get out of the 1.6? Do you think it would be worth upgrading the intercooler, http://www.fr-rtuning-shop.co.uk/index.php?_a=product&product_id=1339

must be fairly highly boosted to get that hp out of a 1.6.

Cool! How much do you reckon you can get out of the 1.6? Do you think it would be worth upgrading the intercooler, http://www.fr-rtuning-shop.co.uk/index.php?_a=product&product_id=1339

must be fairly highly boosted to get that hp out of a 1.6.

Stock internals are good for 250 BHP and 400 nm although at that point you are on the limit without upgrading the pistons crank etc. TBH though 230 BHP and 360 nm from a stage 2 remap with decat/ and uprated intercooler would be plenty for a FWD hatch weighing 1250kgs. Stick in the longer 5th gear ratio and your looking at 0-60 in under 6 and a top whack of over 155 mph. Scary in what is a shopping car!!

Sorry buddy, your post got stuck in the moderation queue because you quoted a member with a URL posted. For the record, new members need 10 posts before being allowed to post any URL's or photos.

T9 man
Moderator.

it looks too big and bulky. if i wanted a big and bulky car then i'd buy a jeep or hummer h3. which you can buy used for the same price! you can buy a e46 m3 for £6500

erm top gear proved you could buy a e46 m3 for 6500! you can even buy a mercedes slk for that too, or how about a evo8? skyline r34? audi a4, honda integra, honda s2000 etc. the list could go on!

erm top gear proved you could buy a e46 m3 for 6500!

No they didn't. Richard Hammond bought an E36 M3 for the Germany trip, and an 840i (iirc) for the 'what can you by for less than a Nissan Leaf' challenge he did with Jeremy Clarkson.

E46 M3s haven't reached that kind of price yet, unless they are high mileage and abused beyond their life.

Last edited:
It's about time Peugeot made a proper hatch again,

The 205 GTI weighs in at about 875kg and the GTI6 at 1200 kg so if they make it lighter than the gti6 then they are already on for a winner, they just need to make the steering feelsome ride nice and handle the bends because thats what a fast peugeot is all about.

so why would ya spend 6500 on a crappy modern peugeot? when you can buy a much nicer car. and how much is the new 208 gti?

How do you know the 208 is crappy? Have you owned one?

This is a rather immature statement.

Also comparing a new and a second hand car on price does not work very well.

the 207 is huge compared to the 206! and buying a high performance second hand car gives a better base for tuning. the 208 gti looks too tinselly. looks are good but it looks like they've tried too hard.

The current cliosport is huge compared to the previous one, infact the twingo is the almost same size as the old clio. It's the way of the world. That said, 5th Gear managed to track a new cliosport faster than the old one.