New panoramic windscreens

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
It seems that the major car makers (Vauxhall, Peugeot and Citroen) are all thinking we need panoramic windscreens.

Can you see the advantages?

Give me a sun roof any day. Or better still give me a cabriolet!

What do you think of these expensive to replace and hard to keep clean expanses of glass? I think most people will drive will the blind down to keep the sun out of there eyes.

When we all have panoramic screens they will re introduce the 23:10 ratio screens we all currently have!:blink:

every time i see the astra advert for this i just think to myself what a pointless gimmick what driver wants the sun in their eyes ??? :confused:

whoever it was that thought SRs are a viable alternative to A/C should have been shot at birth. It's like suggesting that you don't need a freezer because you can open the kitchen door.

Its hard to get a SR and aircon so I guess the manufacturers think the 2 are mutually exclusive.

Ha ha, never thought of that one one before, clock up one more reason why my car is the bestest on the planet, I got sun roof and AC!! Lol

I collect these to wind up people at work who buy brand new cars, then drone on about all the great nee features it has. So far the only thing I hacn't trumped them on is satnav but hey its 20 year old.

yip i want to be blinded everytimes the suns out, or wait i want to watch planes go by instead of watchn the road.
SR was something i had on the civic and think i used it once, when i went to sell it thats when i found that it no longer worked.

gansta why not graft in a satnav system ?

Another problem with the Vauxhall Astra's with the panoramic roof is insurance.

My uncle was thinking of getting 3dr Astra with just the 1.8 engine as he has use of a company vehicle if he has to travel for work but not for personal use and doesn't need anything as nuts as a VXR as he's over 50. He saw one with a panoramic roof and got an insurance quote on it. I don't know the exact figure but it came back MORE than a VXR all because of the extra bit of glass costing so much to replace.

I have electric sunroof ( come to think of it every thing electric :amuse: ), & AC on my Granny, which is a bit mad when you consider she's 24 yr old :blink:

Sometimes think I need a power station as well as a petrol tanker to accompany it. LOL

Chris.. :blink1:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back