New noob wants tips

cheeseslug

Car
Dc2 JDM ITR
Yo, hey I have a JDM ITR, have got a sports exhaust and mugen chip, plus aluminium race-spec radiator. Does anyone have any cost-effective suggestion on how I can improve performance?? I am a tight-ass or should I say I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on the car so I am going to rule out any sort of forced induction and new cams. I though that a K&N pod-filter might be a good start, what else?;)

The Intake on the DC2 is pretty nigh on perfectly set up. I've not seen more power with an induction kit.

You've done quite a few mods to yours already I bet it is nice to drive.

Your choice of tire can make a big difference to handling - what are you running with at the moment? Pilot Sports and Eagle F1 are my top 2 at the moment.

Yes I was thinking of buying a K&N and dropping it into the factory box. The car goes fairly hard and is freakishly loud after the magical 5800rpm. I have had a couple of tickets for the exhaust being too loud, so put a silencer on it in the end. The car handles very well, I am running Bridgestone potenza's on it at the moment. Have just come out of winter here, so it will be nice not to wheelspin all over the place due to rain.

What say you on a MSD or similar ignition coil and performance plugs, has anyone had noticible gains with these?

Iridium tipped plugs might give a stronger spark. HDI knows about ignition coils though;) The stronger the voltage the larger the gap you can run and the better the spark.

They did a review of some pulstar pulse plugs in redline this week, they also tested them against the NGK Pfr6Q laser platinuim, and found the NGK's to be better and they gained about 3 BHP.

The Intake on the DC2 is pretty nigh on perfectly set up. I've not seen more power with an induction kit.

You've done quite a few mods to yours already I bet it is nice to drive.

Your choice of tire can make a big difference to handling - what are you running with at the moment? Pilot Sports and Eagle F1 are my top 2 at the moment.
I agree the air filter on the integra is a perfect set up.I can remember reading up on that and no other air performance mod out did it.Just drop a better panel filter in id say.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back