New Motor

Well when I say new I mean new to me. Just picked it up this weekend
Mercedes 300 CE - 24 Coupe Limited Edition
Nice little ride, needs some work doing to it but it seemed cheap enough at £2700.
Guy said it might be a Carat Duchelet but not sure about proving that but never mind.

6eed_4.jpg

6ef1_4.jpg

6eff_4.jpg

It will keep me going till I get the Capri finished.

Nothing yet other than sorting out the stereo that was fitted badly and the alloys need a refurb. When I get a bit more money together probably will invest in something.

Very nice. Have you given up on the last car then? Nice to have you back and I look forward to seeing what you have planned for the car. (You could go with the Gangster look! ;))

Capri still being built at the momentthis is to replace the mighty 205 non turbo diesel I've got. Gonna get over the cost of the car before I start planning anything but any ideas people have are welcome. Whats gangster look then waynne?

Gangsta look = A lot of chrome. Big flashy rims that cost more than the car! Sounds good! Spray it black, put a kit on it, add the rims, lower it, huge exhaust, tint the windows....that'll cover it!

Gangsta look = A lot of chrome. Big flashy rims that cost more than the car! Sounds good! Spray it black, put a kit on it, add the rims, lower it, huge exhaust, tint the windows....that'll cover it!

Well got some of it covered, its black and it's got some chrome (bronze in colour though).
I agree with the exhaust, I can't hear the thing working. Where do you get sports exhausts for a merc though?

Brabus? They are the defactro Merc tuner and will surely point you in the right direction. You might get a cherry bomb to fit as these are fairly standard sizes, you just have to custom make a bracket.

All the interior needs a few tv screens....other than that it's already pretty 'gangsta'. I would love to see this gangsta merc when it's finished!

Right!!! It's no good gonna have to fiddle with it. Does anyone know where I can get a limited slip diff for the thing? Every time I leave the lights in a 'HAVE THIS YOU SCUM' situation I spend most of my time ripping the tyre on the nearside to pieces. I still beat them but its costing money replacing tyres, 1 in two weeks :twisted:.
Any ideas?

I hope your driving sensible and with due consideration to other road users. This I think is more than a diff issue. If the nearside wheel is getting more power there is probably something wrong somewhere else. Check the wheel bearings, driveshafts/CV joints etc... (especially in the offside) for wear or stiffness. Is the offside tyre in good condition - if that loses traction then the power will go to the nearside wheel.

Quaife diffs should be quite good for your application. The diff is quite a complicated issue - have a read of the diff article to get acquianted with the differences. http://www.torquecars.com/tuning/limited-slip-diffs.php

I always drive carefully with due care and attention ;) The signs are a speed 'limit' but there is no limit on how fast you get there :D.
I have checked the quaiffe website and they don't list a lsd :(. But I have it being serviced soon so will get them to lookat the bearings etc.