new more mature members lol

rob1468

Tuner
Car
saxovtr/mazda bongo
hello yes another new member to the boards , im on the + side of 40 and the wife wanted a hot hatch so we went and got ourselves a citreon saxo vtr been modified before we got it , Its lowered 40mm all round , magnex exhaust , induction kit , delocked , toad alarm , alloys , and a few other bits and pieces and to top the cherry on the cake its BURNT ORANGE IN COLOUR so stands out from the croud just a tad :p, anyways hello all from north devon uk
rob

Hello mate and welcome to the site. Orange can be pulled off very well if the highlight colour is right. My mates car which is a tuned Astra GTE redtop has been done in orange but the wheels, bump strips etc have all been done in black and looks stunning. Get your post count past 10 post and get some piccies up ;)

Hello mate and welcome to the site. Orange can be pulled off very well if the highlight colour is right. My mates car which is a tuned Astra GTE redtop has been done in orange but the wheels, bump strips etc have all been done in black and looks stunning. Get your post count past 10 post and get some piccies up ;)

Cheers mate will do as soon as post count is up i will put some pics up of the old girl , car i mean not the wife :embarrest: rofl
cheers rob

LMAO!!! ^^ I said something like that to the misses before christmas lol, I told her I bought something for her "downstairs area" ;) ;) She asked "What?" I replied "de-icer" PMSL!!!

You're not alone in age or County. Welcome aboard. :D

well hello there neighbour lol , and thanks to the rest of you guys for the warm reception , im a little rusty with all this modding but am trying to get into it again for the sake of the wife and her hot hatch lol fitted some new cheapy 6x9's today for her which have some loverly blue leds in the top covers so when the h/unit is turned on these light up she loves them , the wife that is pmsl anything for a quiet life :toung:
cheers

cheers mate lol , just noticed i have exceeded the 10 post mark so have uploaded some pics into my album i think thats where they go if not sorry and let me know and i will delete/remove them lol

hi im david just got a pug 307 dturbo and im going to start modifying it soon

Nice one david , I think its forum etiquette to keep us informed of how you get on with a list also of what mods your intending on doing :p
plenty of info on the site just do a search and you should find what your after and if not ask away like i did lol soon got my amp from not worky to sort of lol

Welcome to the forum Rob, Saxo's looking good thus far!

Thanks mate , the wife has got more instore from what i can gather , but with age and im disabled i struggle quite badly now but will keep on plodding and hopefully when im dead :amazed: it will be where the wife wants her to be :toung: or not :embarrest:

HI there ROB 1468.
What! Lowered your car by 40mm!.
I'm 58 now and my fillings wont stay in if i get bumped around on suspension like that. I like a bit of comfort these day's but still like car to look good.
A sort of Turbocharged ZIMMER FRAME in blue with black wheels!.

Stay Young
Coolie :cool:
rscopy1.jpg

Last edited:
Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, I'm just at the right side of 40!:D Nice to have you with us and it sounds like you have already caught the modding bug.

I hope you have deep pockets and an understanding wife:D

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, I'm just at the right side of 40!:D Nice to have you with us and it sounds like you have already caught the modding bug.

I hope you have deep pockets and an understanding wife:D

cheers waynne , its the wife that has caught the modding bug , she wanted a hot hatch we changed from a rover 25 turbo deisel to the saxo at her command pmsl , but all said and done i love the car too takes me back a few years to when i did mod my cars , but we still have a few things we want to change , one being the discs i think we need some grooved and drilled ones and a change of pads maybe get the calipers painted too ,many ideas hopefully get there some time lol :toung:
rob

ive just got my new back lights techno LED look cool will go with my silver paint i was going to get some others but when i paid and phoned them up next day they said they where discontinued eany way these look a lot better and only cost me £124.00 normal price over £200 got them from ultimate styling only took 3 working days to come also got some blue led lights for coutasy lights look cool in the dark going to paint calipers next bright red might even get some new wheels when tyres wear out

Last edited:
im 47 but i feel like a 21 year old im after some graphics for my pug thinking lions head on doors and maybe puting some on bonet and on rear window see how it goes

HI
You may feel like a 21 year old but have you tried finding one!.
Know what you mean though, You've always got your Motor!
Gawd Bless em!.

Coolie :cool:

Hi welcome to the site loving the colour of the saxo have you got any more plans for it.

Awww well you lot im 25 but feel 50 if that helps lmfao!!

take care

Pmsl , at least you are all friendly here , another site i joined (no names) they were ok untill the young whipper snapers started and then they were arguing and threatning each other all over some one revving their engine and another leaving was quite heated and i thought do i need to be a member of a site that endorses this kind of behaviour as some of the mods where joining in , NO i thought and havent been back on it since , i know im not young or OLD to that matter but a forum is a place to have a laugh gain knowledge on the given subject even with differing views it still shouldnt get out of hand as that did , anyways im glad i found this site and will be around for some considerable time health permitting ;)

rob

Hi Rob

I totally agree with what you said i been into cars for years i been a member on a few sites and to be honest i steered away from it all now this is the onyl site i come on i find it friendly loads of advice you can ask questions and not get laughed at or get a stupid answear!!

Stick about we not a bad bunch lol!! :):p

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back