Toggerefc

Wrench Pro
Car
accord2.2ictdi gt
Hello my name is toggerefc. I am a new member. Just discovered this website. At the moment I am driving a Honda Accord 2.2 ictdi gt sport. There seems to be lots of info on the website. Really good stuff. I am relatively new Diesal driver. Is there anyone out there who could give some advice on tuning up my Honda.

hey and welcome to the site mate.

remap is the best bang for buck mate should see a nice 30 odd bhpp gain and more on the torque side of things where its more important on a diesel

hey and welcome to the site mate.

remap is the best bang for buck mate should see a nice 30 odd bhpp gain and more on the torque side of things where its more important on a diesel
Thank you. There are soo many on the market. Does anyone no any tried and tested makes to push me in the right direction.

Diesel's are great beasts when tamed. Best bet is get yourself a panel filter into the engine and then get yourself a custom exhaust done. Don't be scared by the word "custom" as this does not neccessarily mean more expensive. The reason I say a custom exhaust is that you will usually get them made cheaper than buying a millitek or jetex for instance and do the same job if not better in some instances. You may want to look at a 4-2-1 manifold to help get another few ponies out the system.

Something to look at when you are doing the exhaust is to remove the DPF (Diesel partical filter). This is basically your emmissions sensor (it's a little more complex than this but performs the same job) and removing this along with the panel filter and exhaust should see you get about another 15-20 bhp possibly more with the manifold as well.

Once you've decided that this is the way forward you could get a remap done on the engine which diesels always react well to. You should be looking at a 30 -35 bhp gain from the remap alone. Personal experience though I would avoid boxes or tricking the ecu and just go straight to a qualified tuner and get the remap done.

If you wanted to go further than this you would be talking a fair whack of cash. I would always recommend though that if you do all of the above I would start looking at the brakes and handling before pushing ahead as it is always good to remember that increasing the power on the car means that stopping on standard brakes can become an issue and the suspension was only built with comfort in mind originally.

I hope this helps and if theres anyone else willing to add in feel free!!

Rusty

Diesel's are great beasts when tamed. Best bet is get yourself a panel filter into the engine and then get yourself a custom exhaust done. Don't be scared by the word "custom" as this does not neccessarily mean more expensive. The reason I say a custom exhaust is that you will usually get them made cheaper than buying a millitek or jetex for instance and do the same job if not better in some instances. You may want to look at a 4-2-1 manifold to help get another few ponies out the system.

Something to look at when you are doing the exhaust is to remove the DPF (Diesel partical filter). This is basically your emmissions sensor (it's a little more complex than this but performs the same job) and removing this along with the panel filter and exhaust should see you get about another 15-20 bhp possibly more with the manifold as well.

Once you've decided that this is the way forward you could get a remap done on the engine which diesels always react well to. You should be looking at a 30 -35 bhp gain from the remap alone. Personal experience though I would avoid boxes or tricking the ecu and just go straight to a qualified tuner and get the remap done.

If you wanted to go further than this you would be talking a fair whack of cash. I would always recommend though that if you do all of the above I would start looking at the brakes and handling before pushing ahead as it is always good to remember that increasing the power on the car means that stopping on standard brakes can become an issue and the suspension was only built with comfort in mind originally.

I hope this helps and if theres anyone else willing to add in feel free!!

Rusty
Rusty the information you have just given me is just what I've been looking for. Thank you for your knowledge. I will let you no on my progress. Thank you friend.

Just one little point sorry

removing the DPF is now like removing a cat from a petrol exhaust.
the DPF reduces the smoke, regulations have been tightened up alot in the last few years which mean its harder to get it through a MOT without one. this is dependent on year of build afaik.
just something to think about before you have it removed as unlike a cat its not just a case of refitting for MOT as it needs to be coded back in to the ECU as well

Just one little point sorry

removing the DPF is now like removing a cat from a petrol exhaust.
the DPF reduces the smoke, regulations have been tightened up alot in the last few years which mean its harder to get it through a MOT without one. this is dependent on year of build afaik.
just something to think about before you have it removed as unlike a cat its not just a case of refitting for MOT as it needs to be coded back in to the ECU as well
Thank you for the afterthought. Not starting my little project just yet. Trying to gather as much info and knowledge before I start. Did not realise the complexity of the turbo Diesal engine. Going to plan this one right. I think even the suspension needs looking at. Like driving a boat at the minute. Don't like the way it corners. Does not give you any confidence when cornering at high speed. It does not live up to title gt sport.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back