New member says hello!

BLUETAHOEVR4

Wrench Pro
Car
91 3000GT VR4
Hi all, I am happy to join this forum and would like to introduce myself. I am a proud owner of a mint 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4. I am the second owner of this black pearl VR4 that I bought with only 75k miles. It is in complete stock condition, however there was tranny issues when I bought it. I am not familiar with such cars but have heard a lot about these now collectables JDM vehicles that are super hard to find in a mint stock condition. The car ran a bit rough and after investigating the issue there was dirt in the fuel system that clogged up the fuel injectors and two of them were discovered open. There was tons of carbon buildup inside the combustion chamber and oil deposits in the rear turbo manifold and I/C cooler piping. I decided to do a complete overhaul and tear down starting from scratch ( bare block ). It was hard to find work shop manuals but I was lucky enough to find a few on Ebay. So it has been over a year and and build is finally complete and engine ready to go back in with the tranny. I have decide to keep all stock settings and components however with just a few minor upgrades. I shall post pictures and provide info on all the work done.
Thank you all.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you.

I like the sound of this project, we love diversity and respect ALL car projects. I learned to drive in a 1.6 626 but it was a 1983 model.

What mods have you done already and which ones do you recommend? What things would you like us to cover in our articles on the main site? - Feedback from our members greatly shapes what content we research and provide.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Have you seen our new TV channel? Let us have your thoughts when you've got a chance to see it. https://www.youtube.com/torquecars

Thanks for the warm welcome. As being a first time engine builder, I have not come across anyone out there in the automotive world that has found solutions to tackle the problems of heat generated from combustion, friction and carbon buildup. One could only imagine what it would be like to have an internal combustion engine may it be naturally aspirated, turbo charged or super charged completely immune to carbon build up or the way I would put it anti-carbon. And if that is ever possible then one can really enjoy and experience that engines full potential. No carbon buildup in the combustion chamber and valves leads to a complete combustion burn which leads to power which leads to less emissions and more great things one can only imagine. Then we have the issue of friction and heat. Poor lubrication due to failing parts, poor lubrication due to it losing its viscosity due to excessive heat, poor lubrication due to the quality of the oil and much more. Heat buildup in the engine due to poor lubrication causing excessive friction within moving parts, poor heat displacement via the exhaust system and other issues. All these factors go hand in hand.
I would like to see discussions on these factors and see what engine builders have to say and their opinions.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back