new member/new car

speedcav72

hi,the names bob and as you might've guessed from my user name i'm a cavy head by nature but due to recent skintness and general life turning to shite i've had to buy the first decent cheap legal motor and that happened to be a 1995 M-plate Nissan Primera 1.6 LX.

I've had more than 70 cars now (I'm 34 thou,not a 134.lol) all but 4 have been Ford or Vauxhall.The other 4 have been Nissans.My first was a G-plate 1.6 Bluebird then an H-plate 1.4 12v Sunny followed by a G-plate 200 SX.

I'm a modder/tunner,have been since my first Fiesta 1.1L (dropped in XR2 motor,1300 4-speed g/box and so on) so I'm gonna modify the Primera whether I want to or not,it's beyond my control.

So any tips,comments,pointers when it comes to these cars would be welcome.In fact,one thing I've found often tricky with Nissans is swapping low spec dash for one with rev counter,it seems to involve much rewiring and trial and error - if anyone knows an easy way I'd love to know.

Cheers Bob

HI bob and welcome to the site. I hope you haven't killed all of those cars.

Why not get a big addon revcounter in a separate binnacle on the A pillar? It looks cool and is a lot less hassle.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back