New Member-Looking for tips

Which engine do you have? The HOT is the engine of choice but as it is FWD there are traction issues with extra power.

Thanks for replying. I am from London Ont. Canada, good to talk to you guys. It has the 2 litre high pressure turbo in it . double overhead cam,16 valves ,2balancer shafts dual mass flywheel. 86mm cylinder bore .210 hp 221 ft. 1b max tourque @ 2500 rpm not sure what all that means. This is all in my owners manual. They also call it a ecopower turbo.I love the top end pick up,but when I took it to the track I could only run high 15.s .Oh it also is a manual 6 speed. Hope that helps!

It all means "you have a powerful engine".

A remap will give you a few more ponies. They are quite heavy cars so there would be a lot to gain from weight reduction (see the thread in drag racing forum for ideas.)

In tools we have a quarter mile calculator which you can play with and see what power/weight you need to hit your target time.

Softer rubber like the Eagle f1's Toyo Proxies or a street legal slick would help put the power down more effectively. A limited slip diff would also help a little if you are still beset by traction difficulties.

Is the clutch in good condition?