New Member from Calcutta, India

ronniecalcutta

Road Burner
Car
Hyundai Accent
Hi All... I'm Aritra Roy from India. I'm an Automotive technician here. I'm new to this forum, so please spread your helping hands if I ever have a query. I promise you to do the same with the little bit of knowledge I possess.

Welcome. Someone from a land where cars are fixed rather than thrown away :)

Hello there and a warm welcome. Nice to meet you, what is your car of choice for a daily runaround then?

Thank you all ! mates ! I've never had a warm welcome like this in any other forums...I'm yet to complete my studies, so please do not think that I know all the stuff under the hood... I have to learn a lot..
@old-git: yes mate.. here the scenario is different. But I must admit, that Indian technicians are truly skilled. People come with very difficult problems, but they never refuses them & until they fix it, they does not take a little rest.
@indiaman: Namaste sir, I look forward to your suggestion if I ever have any technical dilemma...
Thank you all again ! :):):):)

Hello there and welcome to TorqueCars, nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do.:)

@Waynne: I never thought a car lover's forum may be such interactive like Torquecars... I've been with many forums, but none is like this. Few weeks ..and I've started liking you people already ! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it on here. It would be very interesting to know how the car market is over in India, all we seem to see is motorbikes when any programmes about India are on the box.

@ Sam58: Sam, maybe the young boys in India have more love for two wheelers than the cars. Actually in our metro cities, we do not have freedom to speed down due to heavy traffic. The motorcycles comes in handy for that. Most of the car owners opt for small saloon cars or hatchbacks for easy handling. That's why India now is a center of attraction for the Famous car manufacturers who are planning to launch more hatchbacks exclusively here to meet the ever raising demand. Plenty of imported cars can be seen on Indian roads, but most of them are driven by business persons instead of young enthusiasts. That may be due to heavy import costs incurred. Some Street racing clubs are also there in every city who race down the highways at night. Though, the scenario is changing, with Karun Chandok and Narain Kartikeyan as formula 1 drivers are inspiring the youth to take up four wheelers seriously. We expect an official racing trck to be launched in India to capture more attention from the young generation.

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back