New Member (2003 Jag S Type & 92 Maxima GXE)

CNJagNMax

Car
2003 Jaguar S Type
Hey everyone, new to the forum. I've visited the site a few times but I figured might as well join the forum and learn what I can.

Little bit about me, I'm 30 and live in NYC. Own a running and driving stock 92 Maxima as my daily (I love it so much). Interior needs some help and a little rust behind the driver's side wheel well. Little bit of rust on certain engine compinents but I've had no issues with it since I bought it 3 years ago. 1 owner, and it was at 140-ishk miles. Now its at like 161k and aside from replacing the rear suspension this year, its been super reliable.

2003 Jag Stype DEFINITELY does not run and drive lol. Got it for free from a family member, body is rust free. Engine and transmission throwing codes, interior upholstery definitely needs a gifted surgeon with a soft heart. All the electronics work though which is cool. I tried replacing the valve body last year and it got rid of some of the codes and it drove fine for a while, then it sat over the winter.. And now its gearbox faults out the wahzoo and misfires in the engine. My goal is to eventually replace the engine and trans entirely. Its the stock v6, but I love the idea of putting a V8 in it, and later supercharging it and turning it into a track car/"sleeper". As of now it sits in my driveway, unloved and I keep thinking about junking it, but every time I sit in it or take it around the block to give it some exercise, I fall in love all over again. I really don't want to get rid of it. I recently saw the LS3 Swapped Jag XJ8L on TheSmokingTire and it just made it that much harder for me to even think about letting my Jag die.

I've owned a few other cars but these two are the first that made me really interested in maintaining, modifying and rebuilding. I've had a 02 Pontiac Grand Prix, a Pontiac Sunfire (got this in high school, don't remember the year), an 89 Lexus ES350, an 08 Honda Accord and a 2003 Infiniti QX4 (great truck).

Still learning a lot, thanks for welcoming me to the community. When I can, maybe I'll post pictures of both. If I ever get back to working on the Jag, I'll definitely post progress and be coming here for input!

Hello there and let me give you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars - car tuning forums, and thank you for joining us.

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

I look forward to seeing your pics and WIP thread, but you'll need to get past our 10 posts limit to get the upgraded account that allows images and uploads.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back