New ladette says hello

misenthrop

Torque Junkie
Car
Rover Vitesse
Hello there, bit of a lad and one of the boys! I'm emma and drive a Pristine Rover Vitesse.

I have a bit of fun on the track once or twice a month in a stripped out Saxo and want to show the boys how its done.

I DO NOT DO PINK EITHER!

Welcome Emma:bigsmile:
Nice to have a lady/laddette on board.
Maybe you will really show these guys some opposition as well as a females' view on things
Hello there, bit of a lad and one of the boys! I'm emma and drive a Pristine Rover Vitesse.

I have a bit of fun on the track once or twice a month in a stripped out Saxo and want to show the boys how its done.

I DO NOT DO PINK EITHER!

I never thought people would remember the SD1! It is indeed the 3500, it has done a total of 175,000 miles now since 1983 (Y plate) and is still on the original engine and still starts every morning.

The rear arches are starting to bubble a bit but I don't think I'll ever sell it. It used to be owned by my grandad! A rather unusual family heirloom!

yeah some of us will remember the SD1
stunning example of one
IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

it was at a show not far from here back in june

Hi Emma and welcome from me. Cool Cool car the Vitesse SD1, BL at it's best. Didn't they say it looked too much like a Ferrari Daytona? And this is a bad thing?? Is it a daily driver, that V8 rumble would make my day every morning :D Hope you're on cheap classic insurance, should be next to nothing to insure ;)

Andy

I never thought people would remember the SD1!

We'll that gives away my age then :-( :embarrest:

Does it have the square steering wheel as well?

I also remember the not so good ones. The 2.4 diesel was atrocious even for a 1980's diesel. And the tight-arse 2.0 litre O-series model which was a tax accountant's special.

Last edited:
We'll that gives away my age then :-( :embarrest:

Does it have the square steering wheel as well?

:lol::lol::lol: my age too:bigsmile:

Thought it was the All-Agro (Allegro) that had the square wheel. Can't remember the SD1 having them but old age memory and all that:blink1:
What about the Twin Plenum version. Had one a classic auction short while ago and that went £2k and it was in bits :blink:

I remember the twin-plenum on the very last of the V8 motors.

The Agro had the quartic steering wheel. Need to check on the SD1 I might be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time

Hello there and may I wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

I bet the fuel costs you a fair bit running an SD1.:D

I remember the twin-plenum on the very last of the V8 motors.

The Agro had the quartic steering wheel. Need to check on the SD1 I might be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time

Found this on a quick Google. I'm sad, didn't have anything else to do :bigsmile:

Rover SD1 brochure 1983
Rover-019-large.jpg

And a great writeup and pics here http://www.aronline.co.uk/index.htm?sd1storyf.htm

Better go off and do something more constructive now :lol::lol:

I, too, am 40 years of age and remember the SD1 fondly. Perhaps I'd see them differently had I had the 'pleasure' of paying to run and maintain one.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back