New Kia Ceed 2 I.6 diesel auto

Disbeliever

Car
Ceed 2 diesel auto
Hi Everybody, just purchased new Kia Ceed 2 and find the Kia 6 speed auto diesel combo to be excellent. However unfortunately dash instruments are simply lousy, Overlarge fuel gauge,No permanent engine temp display,tied up in mostly undecipherable menu system stupidly placed in middle of dash, no trip odometer & horrible red colour, of course I knew this before buying the car but it ticked all my other boxes, especially 7 year warranty, which will hopefully help resale value as I only keep a car 2 yrs maximum.Unlike previous Chev Cruze Diesel there is no turbo lag . Current mpg 37.4 combined for town & motorway. Any one buying this car should insist on Continental tyres which are available and not the poor ride Hankooks.

Thanks for your warm welcome T9 man. Interesting to see you still run a Saab used to be my favourite brand, I was a member of Saab Owners Club visited the factory, have owned a 96, 99 and my favorites four 900 Classics unfortunately Saab started going wrong from intro of the 9000 and disastrous tie up with GM.

^^ I have no problems with my Saab and all parts both new old and modified are readily available. My car is a bit special anyway, it is the 9-3 Aero Sports Saloon on a 2003 and is muched loved. I have been with the Saab Owners Club of GB for 6 years now and my good friend Mike Philpot is the chairman. Incidently I have won the SOC Nationals 3 times now - best 9-3 twice and best custom this year. I also sponsored the trophies for this years Nationals in July and I shall again at next years International. ;)

10 years old yes, but nothing on that car is really that old any more. The interior has been improved and changed 3 times now, exhaust system, coilovers, tyres, wheels, engine, turbos - the list is just endless.
This car will never be sold! ;)

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.

You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.
What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

My 1.6 Diesel 126 bhp now 5000 miles and the absolute best feature of the car is the excellent auto box ,best ever ( Ihave owned 28 autos) and no turbo lag. However overall fuel consumption is only 33 mpg combined. Another annoyance in addition to my original complaints is IMO the stupid lighting system. I am used to DRL having them on my 3 Volvos way back from 1976. However on the Kia and other brands only front lights come on , not the rears,as the dash lights up on starting when it gets dark it is too easy to forget that rears lights are not on (dangerous) if dash is lit it should be mandatory for the rear lights also to illuminate, dash light should be controlled by a separate switch and not be automatic on the Kia Ceed 2 latest model. I forgot to mention that IMO the jacking system is not fit for purpose, try using it at night on a busy road when taking friends to an Aiport the fixing is so bad that it is virtually impossible to avoid damaging the sill which happened to me. Kia are not interested.

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back