New guy with 944 meeds some tuning ideas

944smlt

Hi Guys, Im just about to take delivery of a 944 S 1987 model which I am purchasing from the UK. The car is the 2.4 lit 16valve version. Previous owner says it has recently been serviced having belts. tensioners, water pump, oil etc changed last December:)

I am going to use the car as a track/race car only and therefore will be gradually modifying it. The car will also be lightened and items which carry weight will be removed. The car has a modest 190bhp which I would like to upgrade. I can do this by adding some expensive items such as 4 in 1 exhaust, supercharger from speedforce racing, inlet manifold etc. I wuld though like to do this gradually and at the moment am looking at a decent chip for the ecu unit and some ideas on headwork and cam combination.

Any ideas welcome.

944Smlt

Hi and welcome. Great choice and unusual model the 16valve not many made with the short production run it had before the 2.7 came out. Very good thing the belts, tensioners etc being done as this is critical with 944 to be done every 4 years. I have a Klauss Hoffmann Racing chip in mine from JMG very well respected 944 tuner who has customers worldwide. You won't get much power gain, but the driveability will be much improved with the torque coming in much lower. Link to his website with all sorts of mods you can do http://www.jmgarage.com/modify/modify-944.htm

Hope that helps

Andy