new gto owner with power problem

coupebrett

Car
mitsubishi gto
hi everyone

i have just bought a 1992 gto non turbo,manual but its seems very very slow?the engine is very quiet and smooth and has quite a bit of torque but it just does not want to rev above about 5000rpm?
can anybody give me some advice?
and does anybody no where i could get it serviced in the milton keynes area?
thanks for your help brett

thanks
so is he the gto man then?
also i have driven the car a long distance today and tried to see if i can find out more about my problem, so the power is fine to about 4000rpm then it seems to struggle even in the lower gears, it just feels like its holding back all the time also after i have thrashed it, the check engine light comes on for about 2 mins then goes off?
so im thinkin some where on the lines of the timing is out? or maybe a blocked cat?
maybe someone can help
thanks brett

i had a twin turbo last year but now i have a 6 week old boy so i thought i would slow down a bit lol
and i took the cat off today, there is no inside too it so that rules out the cat being blocked :-(

I had a non turbo before the GTO TT I have now, and I sort of had the same problems. With mine it was the head gasket- just didn't have any power in it at all but would drive ok normally, and as for the 'check engine' light- my exhaust temp light used to come on after I'd hammered it not the check engine. Does the car overheat? And is the oil level ok?

I had a non turbo before the GTO TT I have now, and I sort of had the same problems. With mine it was the head gasket- just didn't have any power in it at all but would drive ok normally, and as for the 'check engine' light- my exhaust temp light used to come on after I'd hammered it not the check engine. Does the car overheat? And is the oil level ok?

oil level is fine mate and it does not over heat at all i have even sat in traffic this week so i no it doesnt,
i think i might have to book it in somewhere to get checked out