new daily driver Fiesta ST 180

Hi everyone been looking at upgrading our current daily driver 08 plate 308 1.6hdi for a while now, and after coming up with a few options we decided an st180 would fit the bill perfectly.

After a good search we took a trip to mansfield yesterday to view a real nice spirit blue with just under 40k, fsh, 12 months mot, hpi clear and completely standard.

As with anything i was expecting the car not to be as good as it was in the pictures, needless to say i was wrong and it was just as good.

Me and the wife both test drove the car as it will be more for her than me as i use the van all week and most saturdays tbh.
We were blown away at just how well it drove and i was actually taken by surprise at just how quick it was as i was not expecting much from 180bhp (easily quicker than our old 210bhp mk1 octavia vrs)

anyway got back struck a great deal with the garage and we go to collect the car this coming sunday cant bloody wait :)

got 3 pics but more to come once we get it home.

i do have a few plans for the car but no silly stuff as its gotta be a daily so no droning exhaust systems etc.

induction kit/turbo induction hose and possibly hot/cold side boost kit should help it flow a bit more i reckon, might go for de cat downpipe and then a remap but will have to see

New car, nice |B
180bhp (easily quicker than our old 210bhp mk1 octavia vrs)
At a guess I'd say the Fiesta is lot lighter :)

One question I ask everyone I see with an ST; why not an RS? (Do new Fiesta RS's even exist? Which is very good excuse for going for an ST.... Must research now rather than work...)

yes they are just under 200kg lighter, but the octavia had 30 more bhp and honestly the fiesta was no doubt miles quicker wouldnt even be close imo.

ah that old question that me and good ford mates have discussed many times.

we dont think it will ever happen due to ford using the focus as there flagship model so that takes the market pricewise.
An RS fiesta just really wouldnt be able to fall in anywhere price wise it would defo cost more than its rivals and of course not be able to outperform the focus so would be held back in that sense. Which in turn would mean its rivals would be at least as quick and for alot less cash.

me personally id love them to do one as the st is an amazing car

so guys just ordered my first few parts for the car after doing a bit of research

ordered

itg induction kit
pro hoses turbo induction hose
uprated rear engine torque mount

i am going to purchase a symposer delete and hot side turbo pipe this weekend, after that will possibly be springs and the intercooler i was linked to over on the fiesta st forum

of course once all the above is on the car it will be crying out for a remap its either going to collins for there cp2 map or to my mate at gt motorsport for one of his own maps

well we collected the car yesterday and the drive home over the peak district/derbyshire dales was fantastic. So impressed by what a great car out the box these little ST Fiestas are.

i have received all the bits mentioned above so hoping to fit a few thurs mid afternoon then remaining ones on sunday.

got a couple of pics they are nothing special, i do wish we had stopped off for a few pics at many of the great places on the way back but truth is i was just enjoying driving it far too much haha.

at my mum and dads (not parked by me as we had been for pub lunch en route home so the wife drove back) needless to say i put it right after.

back at our place

really cant stress enough just how happy myself and the better half are with this motor.

Got a pic from the place we bought the car from. Cant fault the fellas there one bit was well worth the 3 hour round trip to get it. Especially as the drive back was over the peak district and the derbyshire dales.

looking forward to fitting a few of the goodies one evening this week and finish off on sunday :)

got in from work at an half decent time for once so decided to pop out and do a couple of jobs on the car, nothing groundbreaking by any means but 1st steps taken

firstly fitted enlarged turbo induction hose then removed the symposer and blanked off
with a bung supplied by matt lewis.

not taken it for a drive as it was time for some tea and a beer.

if i get an earlier finish tomorrow ill be fitting the itg induction kit then fitting the airtec enlarged hot side turbo pipe on sunday

Looks good Andy as you seem to be a loyal Ford man and probably bleed blue blood:) |B

What is a "symposer" and what does it do??

Looks good Andy as you seem to be a loyal Ford man and probably bleed blue blood:) |B

What is a "symposer" and what does it do??

thanks mate ,i must admit i do like my fords and this one they got bang on imo :)

the symposer is a little device that sends amplified induction noise to the cabin, it has been prone to leaking boost and some people even think they got a slight better throttle response from deleting it, also the drone can apparantly start to get on your nerves if on a motorway etc

had another nice delivery today :)

as it stands the car has 2 ditchfinders on the rear, one budget and a bridgestone on the front. so as you can imagine its not really ideal at all.

so iv purchased what i consider to be one of the best tyres for the money and also for the conditions in this country Uniroyal Rainsport 3s, iv had these on several cars with really good results from all of them so ill look forward to getting them on asap

OMG! I have been trying to get one of those since one of mine blew last week! Everywhere is telling they are sold out!

Camskill are the ones I'm now waiting on. They were forth attempt and after an email conversation today I should get my tyre Tuesday.

added the gel badges this morning really think they are a nice subtle few touches.

[URL=http://s428.photobucket.com/user/bluntyn40/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20180526_073647_zpsvqva9gpf.jpg.html]

20180526_073434_zpsn1hdpo2d.jpg
[/URL]

Attachments

• 20180526_073434.jpg
    20180526_073434.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20180526_073437.jpg
    20180526_073437.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20180526_073647.jpg
    20180526_073647.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20180526_073738.jpg
    20180526_073738.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
had quite a productive day on the car yesterday

fitted the itg induction kit at home on the drive pretty straightforward job and boy does it sound good.

then decided take the car up to my parents where its nice and flat to jack it up and fit the airtec hotside enlarged turbo pipe again a very easy job although be even easier on a ramp. Again certainly has given it a bit more de restriction well worth it imo

I then decided to treat the car to a good wash/polish and wax pics dont really do it justice, used a mixture of auto finesse/autobrite/autoglym and meguiars products.
Must say was my 1st time using af radiance carnauba creme wax and was very impressed with its ease of use on and off plus a little went a long way, not sure on durability but for how easy it was i could do it once a month no bother

i also treated the leather which made a big difference and cleaned the interior.

rear engine mount and exhaust to come next :)

hi everyone not a great deal to update on although just received my collins i flash unit so the car will be getting cp2 power tomorrow :) Iv installed it onto the laptop ready for when the wife gets back from work tonight. Looking forward to the map as iv heard nothing but good things and will certainly get an uprated intercooler to help keep the temps down and hold onto the power.

well just like that i have a bit more to update on :)

after watching many videos on youtube iv decided to get a cobra 3" cat back resonated system as i think this will be the best for what we want, ( if the car was just mine it would be fully non resonated haha)

iv also purchased an airtec stage 2 intercooler after doing quite a bit of research especially with mapping the car i want to make sure we have the benefit of all the extra power all the time.

iv booked the car in at my mates up at GT Motorsport in stoke on friday 6th july to get them fitted and said he may as well fit the rear engine mount at same time (saves my back getting under the car and tbh im flat out with work when we get back off hols)

Looking good Andy |B
I would recommend keeping the resonator as it stops the droning sound.

its certainly staying resonated as thats how iv ordered it, id of gone straight for non res if the wife doesnt use it as a daily[

Last edited:
well thats the car mapped via the collins i flash unit, what a doddle to do great support from them guys as always.

not drove the car yet as the wife has gone to pick our son up but it certainly sounded a bit meatier on tickover and it was defo not in my head as the wife said exactly the same without me saying anything.

I have got to try and login here more often :oops: the car looks ruddy gorgeous Andy, huge congratulations to you sir on another sterling find |B

I have got to try and login here more often :oops: the car looks ruddy gorgeous Andy, huge congratulations to you sir on another sterling find |B

thanks alot mate and yeah you should get on as much as possible :)

the other motor has taken the back seat for a while due to electrical gremlins which im going have a look at in july

tomorrow afternoon ill be having a few hours giving the car a little detail ready for its trip down to newquay, weather is looking a bit suspect though so i may be dodging the rain.

looking forward to the drive doing and testing this new cp2 map out :)

still waiting on exhaust and intercooler to arrive from AET Motorsport, just been informed it will arrive tomorrow from the guys there

Last edited:
thought i would report my findings on the collins cp2 map :)

it drives really nice imo, defo irons out a bit of the un smooth parts of the oe mapping. obviously with doing mostly motorway driving it was in 6th gear alot through variable speeds (roadworks etc).
One thing what really struck me was just how much torque it had got from 50mph onwards in 6th felt like you were in 4th and you are tempted go for another gear haha.

iv got to have a check on the trip computer but im sure it averaged 43-45mpg and did 286 miles to just a tad over half a tank so i thought that was very impressive, we are now running the car on super unleaded also now that its mapped.

All in all very impressed obviously we had a fully loaded car as well so money well spent and would highly recommend it.

looking forward to fitting the airtec intercooler as the oe one just about copes at standard power.

Alright mate? Not been on for a long time! Just so busy all the time lately.

I thought I recoqnised your username on FiestaSTOC lol Blunty83? I picked up an ST150 for the other half a few weeks ago! LOVE IT. One of the best cars I've driven.

ST180 looks spanking, what BHP do these CP2 maps provide? I assume you need complimenting modifications to get the most out of it?

Cheers

Alright mate? Not been on for a long time! Just so busy all the time lately.

I thought I recoqnised your username on FiestaSTOC lol Blunty83? I picked up an ST150 for the other half a few weeks ago! LOVE IT. One of the best cars I've driven.

ST180 looks spanking, what BHP do these CP2 maps provide? I assume you need complimenting modifications to get the most out of it?

Cheers

HI mate sorry i could of sworn id replied to this doh .V(

yes thats me over on there must say thats a real good forum still very active and how they used to be in the early 00s, i have had a few friends with ST150s at different levels of tune and always been impressed with how they drove. Make a real cheap track toy for not much outlay as well.

thanks for the kind comments yes the CP2 map can be put onto a standard car and will run around 220-225bhp, then it will self adapt if you add stage 2 things eg itg induction/intercooler/decat and at that point should make around 230-235bhp. Honestly really impressed with the collins mapping.

there are other companies out there who do stage 2+ mapping where peak figures can be 240-250bhp and 280-290lbft id love to have a drive of one just to see if there is that much real world difference between mine and them.

not really a massive deal to update on, the car is still running perfectly honestly cant fault it at all.

I have purchased a 3" bore cobra cat back resonated exhaust system and a vudu 3" decat downpipe and a set of powerflex exhaust mounts to replace the oe rubber ones which im led to believe move about a bit too much on a 3" system. I have done loads of research into what system should work best for us especially for the wife as she uses the car daily and this one should be perfect.

Also i have bought an itg crossover pipe and pro alloy enlarged turbo elbow both second hand but in vgc and got them at a real good price :)

should be getting this fitted in early September then might take the car upto WGT in Middlewich to stick it on there dynapack hub dyno to give me an idea of how its performing.

not really a massive deal to update on, the car is still running perfectly honestly cant fault it at all.

I have purchased a 3" bore cobra cat back resonated exhaust system and a vudu 3" decat downpipe and a set of powerflex exhaust mounts to replace the oe rubber ones which im led to believe move about a bit too much on a 3" system. I have done loads of research into what system should work best for us especially for the wife as she uses the car daily and this one should be perfect.

Also i have bought an itg crossover pipe and pro alloy enlarged turbo elbow both second hand but in vgc and got them at a real good price :)

should be getting this fitted in early September then might take the car upto WGT in Middlewich to stick it on there dynapack hub dyno to give me an idea of how its performing.

Hi Andy going by my experience many years ago the 3 inch exhaust will definitely need some tweaking to the map as the boost pressure increase will arrive earlier and will need more fuel added for the best result so a rolling road/dyno tune is a must IMO.
Have you had a power run on the RR / dyno as the car is now so you will have an accurate record of the power and torque increases ??

Hi Andy going by my experience many years ago the 3 inch exhaust will definitely need some tweaking to the map as the boost pressure increase will arrive earlier and will need more fuel added for the best result so a rolling road/dyno tune is a must IMO.
Have you had a power run on the RR / dyno as the car is now so you will have an accurate record of the power and torque increases ??

hi mate thanks for the heads up, the beauty of the cp2 map is that is self adapting from a standard car upto the stage 2 mods
Iv not had the car on the dyno but if i get chance i will do beforehand for sure :)

iv had a postponement on a job i was meant be starting today, so every cloud and all that iv decided to go and finally take the car and get the x4 uniroyal rainsport 3s fitted.

Had them stored in the garage from virtually when we bought the car and now that the roads are getting wetter its showing up just how terrible these ditch finders are that are currently on the car.
Always been impressed with the rainsport 3 tyres iv had and got them on various motors always with a positive improvement :)

good thing is they will be fitted just in time for our little bank holiday break up the lake district :)

Were were up there a few months back. Windermere is lovely.

We love the lakes me more so as its a huge real ale haven so im blown in haha.

We stay at a place in meathop just on the edge of grange over sands. Nice location really as windermere/ulverston/coniston etc are all pretty close by .

We stayed in Garstang which is quite a way down, but still well worth the drive, and what fantastic roads up there.