New Corsa 1.3 CDTI owner seeking tips

bex5453

Car
Corsa 1.3 CDTI 2006
Hello every1! i'm bex, just bought a corsa 1.3 cdti design in silver 2006 (old shape) what the 1st thing i should mod besides alloys? alot of ppl seem to get filters 1st does this increase acceleration alot???? Thanx

Re: Hello from Cheryl to all our Vauxhall owners

Hello every1! i'm bex, just bought a corsa 1.3 cdti design in silver 2006 (old shape) what the 1st thing i should mod besides alloys? alot of ppl seem to get filters 1st does this increase acceleration alot???? Thanx

Hello Bex. An induction kit will be pointless tbh, most of them just make noise and suck in warm air from the engine. This actually decreases performance.

The first thing doesn't have to be alloys, but if you're going to do the alloys then you'll need to lower it as well. This can be done by getting just springs (the cheapest option) or coilovers. Springs will only make the car better visually, whilst coilovers will improve handling. You can follow that up with a cat-back exhaust. This will give you a few extra BHP and improve throttle response.

Why did you buy a diesel though?

hi Prince thanx for the response, i got a diesel as ive just changes job and need to travel 40 miles a day and my 1.4 petrol focus supped juice like mad + it was 155 to tax for the year. So i decided on a diesel to get good mpg and its only £30 to tax for the year :) quite nippy 2!

hi Prince thanx for the response, i got a diesel as ive just changes job and need to travel 40 miles a day and my 1.4 petrol focus supped juice like mad + it was 155 to tax for the year. So i decided on a diesel to get good mpg and its only £30 to tax for the year :) quite nippy 2!

Wow! That's low. What are you actually wanting to do with it? What sort of budget do you have?

Welcome

l. This can be done by getting just springs (the cheapest option) or coilovers. Springs will only make the car better visually, whilst coilovers will improve handling.

not so true prince, decent springs and dampners can give you as good if not better handling and ride than some coilovers out there. the bigger advantage that coilovers have is adjustability. cheap ones only allow hight which is fine if you want to deck the car and ruin the handling.
mid range will allow hight and dampning then your expensive one same as above with the likes of caster and camber adjustment.

if your looking at filters im guessing you wanting performance. id go for a remap 1st. with it being a diesel you should see an improvement in performance and economy

i just want mine to be different, nice subtle mods... think my 1st buy is guna be some 16" SRI alloys, dont really av much to spend :( boyfriend wil go mad if i spend all mi dosh on the car lol

not so true prince, decent springs and dampners can give you as good if not better handling and ride than some coilovers out there. the bigger advantage that coilovers have is adjustability. cheap ones only allow hight which is fine if you want to deck the car and ruin the handling. mid range will allow hight and dampning then your expensive one same as above with the likes of caster and camber adjustment.

I was talking about just springs. Not shocks as well. A spring and shock combination is only good if you know what you're doing. The other advantage to coilovers is that they're set up for you. The only thing for you to do is the ride height correct. Would you argue with the setup of KWs? I doubt you'd find many better combinations. But you get what you pay for. A set of KW Variant 3s will cost you over £1000, a set of springs (used for visual reasons) will cost you more in the region of £100.

i just want mine to be different, nice subtle mods... think my 1st buy is guna be some 16" SRI alloys, dont really av much to spend :( boyfriend wil go mad if i spend all mi dosh on the car lol

It's usually the other way around! :lol: But SRI alloys wouldn't be different.

I was talking about just springs. Not shocks as well. A spring and shock combination is only good if you know what you're doing. The other advantage to coilovers is that they're set up for you. The only thing for you to do is the ride height correct. Would you argue with the setup of KWs? I doubt you'd find many better combinations. But you get what you pay for. A set of KW Variant 3s will cost you over £1000, a set of springs (used for visual reasons) will cost you more in the region of £100.

It's usually the other way around! :lol: But SRI alloys wouldn't be different.

tbh mate you are giving bad advice here!!! i would never recommend just springs to anyone!! not when spring and damper kits(just for you old git:wink:) can be bought for a little more!!!
you are not reading the posts properly, on a tight budget so coilovers are out of the window straight away!! half decent ones anyway!! so me personally the least i would do with if lowering is a spring and shock kit!!!
plus coilovers are over rated if you never readjust them like 90% of the people out there with them like me;)

also sri alloys will make her car different (dont get me wrong no different to any other corsa out there!) but just different to how it is now;)

Hi there and may I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do.

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"!

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

tbh mate you are giving bad advice here!!! i would never recommend just springs to anyone!! not when spring and damper kits(just for you old git:wink:) can be bought for a little more!!!
you are not reading the posts properly, on a tight budget so coilovers are out of the window straight away!! half decent ones anyway!! so me personally the least i would do with if lowering is a spring and shock kit!!!
plus coilovers are over rated if you never readjust them like 90% of the people out there with them like me;)

also sri alloys will make her car different (dont get me wrong no different to any other corsa out there!) but just different to how it is now;)

I did not recommend springs. I simply suggested them as a cheap alternative. They are used for visual reasons only. I wouldn't buy them personally, I'd go with coilovers. It is not bad advice to suggest alternatives that fit within a budget. Would it be better to suggest some cheap coilovers from eBay? No, it wouldn't.

A proper spring and damper (happy?) kit costs about the same as coilovers. I have looked into both option on my BMW and both options are just as expensive.

SRI alloys will be a nice upgrade, but they will be nothing different. Not that there is anything wrong with tried and tested.