New Coilover rubbing/squeaking sound?

Racer75

Tuner
Car
BMW 323i (e36)
I have recently purchased a set of fairly cheap (admittedly) coilovers for my car, I have fit them and set them up to get the right height but when I pull the car out and take it a run around the block to move it, the front coils make a strange noise.

It sounds like a mixture of rubbing and springing, and this only occurs when the steering wheel is being turned, straight on it is fine.

I though that maybe there was a problem with my preload settings, which I haven't touched, or perhaps it is just the pillow top camber plate bushings bedding in but the sound seems to be coming from the spring.

Thanks.

Does it happen when the car is turning on a preset radius, or only as the steering angle is changed.

Check all the bolts are tight? Did you fit new bushings?

Does it happen when the car is turning on a preset radius, or only as the steering angle is changed.

Check all the bolts are tight? Did you fit new bushings?

No new bushings as the ones on the car were recently changed.

It seems to clunk when the wheel is being turned. The car doesn’t have an MOT yet so I haven’t driven it extensively yet.

It’s a hard sound to describe, its a mix of springing, clunking/knocking but it is bolted up right