New car

j3ffy

Car
astra mk5 16i club
WHAT IS THE BEST EXHUAST & INDUCTION KIT RECOMENDED FOR MY MK5 ASTRA 16I CLUB HAVE JUST BOUGHT IT AND DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT WORKS AND WHAT DOESN'T ANY HELP WELCOMED.......:embarrest:

Generally speaking you want a modest size (bore) exhaust to retain back-pressure. Look for something about 1.5" to 2" max ID imo. Anything too big could potentially lose you torque.

With regards to a filter, you are better off with a cold air inducton kit. IE an enclosed filter with a cold air feed running to it. If you just plonk a cone filter on your inlet you'll most likely just suck in hot air and lower performance on an NA engine.

Don't expect massive gains though.

Generally speaking you want a modest size (bore) exhaust to retain back-pressure. Look for something about 1.5" to 2" max ID imo. Anything too big could potentially lose you torque.

With regards to a filter, you are better off with a cold air inducton kit. IE an enclosed filter with a cold air feed running to it. If you just plonk a cone filter on your inlet you'll most likely just suck in hot air and lower performance on an NA engine.

Don't expect massive gains though.

Cheers m8, bought the cold air induction kit and has given me a rapid rev range through the gears and is 10 time's better than bog stander'd starting to like the car now!!!!!.As for the exhaust, I want a 4-2-1 manifold into a 1.5 stainless system but dont now what back box to get,dont want it to noisy but whant it to have a nice rasp to it without loosing power. DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGESTIONS?

Mongoose and Scorpion do good exhausts for a lot of cars. Heard them on various different cars and generally they're not overy loud but sound very nice on full chat. Both do a range of back-boxes as well.

Peco are also worth a look. Personally I love the Cherry Bomb sound, quite deep and throaty.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back