New car

philxj6

Torque Junkie
Car
2000 Jaguar XJR
Afternoon
Been a while just dropped into to say i sign for my new Jag on Sunday.
XJ8 3.2 Sport
02 Plate
Dark Green almost black

Hi there, welcome back. What you been up to then?

I bet you can't wait to get behind the wheel of the car. Have you got any mods planned or are you going to enjoy it as standard for a while? Got any pics you can post up yet?

I pick it up next week sometime i hope
Going to keep it standard but might purt a dvd player in it for the grand daughter to watch.
I will get some pics and put them up if i can figure out hpow to.I'm not much good at copying pasting and the like
T be honest i completly forgot about being a member until i got the e-mail about the show in kent.

I should really send out email updates monthly - but you know what its like! Glad you're back!

So the DVD player is for the Grand daugher eh? :wink: You might find it easy to upload them into the members gallery. (Send a copy of the pic to yourself in outlook - it will ask if you want to make the pics smaller, click yes. Then open the email you recieve and save pictures to your desktop. Log into the Member Gallery and create a new album - click upload and you will then have your own picture. (Or email it to me and I'll get the pic uploaded for you! :) )

Very nice - I really like the colour it almost looks blue in the pics. Do you have any plans to de chrome it or mod it?

It is going down to Paramount performance end of this month, to check to see if it has any mods done
There a Paramount jaguar Sticker in the back window,have been in contact with them ,but they have no record of the reg Number.
I believe it had a private plate on before that might be why they have no record.
Will let you know the result

And now some toerag has keyed it at the weekend and i've just noticed some blemish's that look like bubbling as though someone has thrown something on it

People can be such morons! Why do they do it? They can't get any fun out of it surely! You have my deepest comisserations and woe betide the toe rag when you get hold of him :x

read it to him then hit him over the head with it.

when i had my locks screwdrivered, they completely knackered the barrel, and made a scratch on the paintwork. 12 quid for new lock system and 140 quid for scratch removal.

i cried

More bad news
Jag is going back next Thursday to have the rear wheels stripped down to find a mysterious knocking
Will let you know what happens

Well it went back they could hear the knocking had it on the ramps
Thought it was the exhaust couldn't find anything.
I'm going to take it to my local garage used them for years let him have a look.

Duh! Its annoying when these little noises cannot be tracked down. Its often the last thing you think about. I guess you've done the obvious stuff. Is the spare wheel securely fixed and there are no tools rattling around in the boot? Does it happen on bumps or on potholes?

checked the boot spare wheel everything is secure.
Exhaust is secure at the back but a bit loose in the middle.
Mostlly happens over rough road which in Coventry is a lot.
Still see what happens when i take it to Andy's

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back