New Car New Start!

Puntopimp

Track Warrior
Car
1.8 TDCI Ford S-Max
Hello everyone

Been a very very long time since posting and I haven't forgotten you guys!

I had a right result last week my old car the vauxhall vectra was a lepper in car form so very pleased to see the back of it! (Cluth, Injector and Electrics Failure)

So I found a new car on facebook and to my delight the family gave it to us for FREE now normally when you see Free and Car together you expect a Rusty G Reg Datsun.

However I got a near perfect condition 1.8 4WD 53 Plate Toyota Avensis Diesel mechanically sound and Tidy Body work except for a dent in the wheel arch!
29512699_1284547341689494_1136050247357958446_n.jpg

29513315_1284547368356158_4091709656120542699_n.jpg

29542427_1284547411689487_2500068727116761075_n.jpg

They also gave me some spare parts for the car from previous services they had left over (Brand New Fuel Filter Boxed up & Twin Clutch Kit) even better cruising on motorway gives 4.3l/100km (approx 67 mpg).

The only negative so far I can see from driving it about is the back needs shampooing on the seats etc as they used to own dogs also I am going to put the new fuel filter in as a little smokey when accelerating nothing major. Also the general idea is this car has just under 200,000 on the clock and has lost some oomph so I'd like to restore a bit of kick into the engine so looking for ideas on where to start.

So far so good done it's first real test and passed with flying Colours did a drive to Cornwall and back to Kent and it didn't even utter a problem!

Only gremlin's I've discovered which need fixing ASAP is a Brake pad is problematic on the drivers front side. Also the car is chucking out an awful lot of emissions luckily the previous owner gave me a brand new fuel filter so I will be changing this in the hope it is nothing more serious! So far so good except having to translate and convert L per 100km to MPG currently averaging 5.0L/100km

Wow! (and sorry I'm late to the party)

Is it still living up to your expectations? Got any plans for it? They are extremely reliable so I'm sure you'll have no problems with it whatsover mechanically.

Ello mate yeah it's still going well after driving it a bit more I've noticed a few smaller issues cropping up there is definitely something not quite right with the Right hand drivers side because when it full locks hard left in reverse that wheel makes a knocking sound and as I'm driving I'm certain the brakes are sticking slightly as I can hear the metal rubbing. An it chucks up quite a lot of emissions but I've got the filter ready to replace.

I'd like this car to be the epitome of reliable, fun to drive and I have noticed I can get it sideways as well if I use the handbrake carefully